closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hotel in Rio

Master

Hotel in Rio

Hi

Thinking of going to Rio this summer with the family (wife and 2 kids). We will be doing the flights, hotel etc separately and would appreciate some recommendations for hotels in Rio. I went there many years ago with a mate and we were a couple of streets back from one of the main beaches and it was fine. Just looking for something clean, safe and with a decent location. Not too fussed about pools etc as I want to make sure the kids don't just stay in the hotel. Will probably be in Brazil for about ten days in all.

Will also be taking a trip to Igauzu Falls so any hotel recommendations there would also be welcome - as well as which side of the falls to stay in.

Cheers

As you will already be in Brazil, I would stay on the Brazil side at Iguazu and do a day trip to the Argentine side. It will mean shorter transfers from airport to and from hotel. Try to stay somewhere nearish to the entrance and with swimming pools as the Brazil side of the falls only takes about half a day so it is nice to unwind back at the hotel. When you go to the Argentine side get there very early, it takes a full day to explore. The boat trip into the falls is most spectacular on the Argentine side, don't miss it, and when they tell you to put your cameras and other stuff into the waterproof bag put your shoes in as well.

I've not been to Rio with the family so it is difficult for me to recommend a suitable hotel for your needs there. Have a look at Booking.com and Tripadvisor, there are a few apartment/suite options. I normally stay in one of the places right on Copacabana, the Windsor at one end or Miramar at the other, it's relatively safe walking straight out onto Av. Atlântica.

I'm no fan of Rio, one of the most over-rated aspirational destinations in the world. Ipanema, Copacabana, we have better closer to home.

Anyway, I stayed in a nice guest house.

http://www.guesthousebianca.com/Gues...rfil%20Premium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've stayed at San Juan Eco Hotel at Foz do Iguaçu on the Brazil side. Rooms are nothing special but the pool and bar area is nice, and the prices for food and drink very reasonable indeed. There was a decent buffet breakfast included in the room rate. All in all it was fantastic value for money and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful with transfers to the national park and so on.