closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: calling all motorbike fans!

Master

calling all motorbike fans!

Hi All,

I have been working on a new business venture for a while and would appreciate the help/fresh eyes of some of you on here.

Over the years I have had a few motorcycles, mostly older, less expensive bikes. The usual pattern is that I have a 'bucket list' of bikes that I would like to try/own/bond with in the never ending search for the 'perfect bike'.

This normally results in weeks of research, costings, reviews, then a purchase. very light use, then sale shortly there after as I either find the bike is too rare/expensive to enjoy taking out or I spend so little time with it that I fail to bond with the bike.

Anyway all of this means that I buy and sell bikes quite frequently. As I have scoured the ads on the usual websites, autotrader, ebay, gumtree etc I have noticed time and time again, other bikers looking to obviously sell their bike but more importantly 'trade' their bike with something different.

So I have set up this site to test the appitite of the wider market and see if a 'matching' website would be useful to bike owners.

So it works like this

You log in, you list your bike and you choose the type of bike that you would be interested in 'trading' with.

You will be presented with a list of matching bikes (if there are any)

afterwards when a bike matching your requirements is uploaded by a new user , you will be notifed by email...

Yes the values may be different but thats up to you to deal with (put money in/get cash back etc)

The site would compete with the traditional method of going to a bike dealer and trading in your pride and joy and losing a chunk of money in the process. This way you search for the bike you want from perhaps a decerning seller like your self and come to a mutually acceptable deal and drive off into the sunset with your new ride and more money in your pocket!

The site will also act as a dedicated site for motorcycles and public sellers rather than the trade. If it takes off in the Uk then perhaps its worth rolling out Europe/world wide...

Anyway this is the test site and I would like any/all of you to test/use the site and give me any tips you feel that might improve the user experience.

Please bear in mind that I am not a programmer (I have paid for this site to be built) so any changes may take time

perhaps you may want to leave comments on this thread or via pm if you prefer.

Any help greatly appreciated. any of you who do decide to upload bikes and bug test will be rewarded with free membership for life as a thank you.

thanks all

http://hoothosting.net/swapmyride/

Steveo
    Last edited by Steveo; 23rd June 2017 at 12:02.

Master
    Blog Entries
    PM sent Steven.

Jim

I think that is a really good idea. I have 3 bikes now and like you am always researching and searching for the next one I fancy. I have just been to the dealer I bought my zzr1400 from to find out I'm going to be down £1500 in 6 months (I know that's peanuts to some) but you can't find a 13 plate Zzr for anywhere near what he's offering me. If Icould find a trade partner we'd both benefit.

Cracking idea and I look forward to looking in to it a bit more.

this is a good idea, when I had my bike the only thing from trying something different was dealers wanting to charge a lot for a similar bike,

get it on some bike forums , gixerjunkies etc, should pick up quickly

Master
    please try the site :)

http://hoothosting.net/swapmyride/

Site looks good i reckon.

One thought, when browsing the bikes on the site (I know only 20 odd test bikes) but will it say in the advert what bikes they are looking to trade for? So say I want to change but I'm not that particular what I want.... I go on the site, a Fireblade catches my eye, and then I can look at the bikes or types of bikes the owner is looking to trade for so I don't waste his and my time making contact?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    Site looks good i reckon.

One thought, when browsing the bikes on the site (I know only 20 odd test bikes) but will it say in the advert what bikes they are looking to trade for? So say I want to change but I'm not that particular what I want.... I go on the site, a Fireblade catches my eye, and then I can look at the bikes or types of bikes the owner is looking to trade for so I don't waste his and my time making contact?
    when you list your bike, you are asked which type of bike or make you are after, then you are taken to a list of bikes whos owners have listed your bike type as interesting.

so I have a streep triple (naked) looking to trade for a sports bike...

that's how I hope it works....

It's a nice site, look and feel are good.

It's a promising start and I hope it works well for you. I'll list one of mine on when it's ready.

The sign up page is asking for me to sing up (have you heard me sing?)

There's no section for off road bikes (trial, enduro, motocross) or for race or track bikes.

Once up and running I can see lots of areas to make the site easier but let's get it walking before trying to run!

Good luck, I'm looking forward to seeing it do well.

Craftsman
    Can you do one for wives!?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

You really should register the trademyride.co.uk domain asap. Anyone can register it and it is a good brand name.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    You really should register the trademyride.co.uk domain asap. Anyone can register it and it is a good brand name.
    In more ways than one!

I haven't tried to register yet as it's just a test site. Where is your income on this, is it a charge to list, or a charge on a trade, or something else?

I'll be listing two of mine with you. I fancy a bmw r90 scrambler

I like the look of the site. Good luck.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    It's a promising start and I hope it works well for you. I'll list one of mine on when it's ready.

The sign up page is asking for me to sing up (have you heard me sing?)

There's no section for off road bikes (trial, enduro, motocross) or for race or track bikes.

Once up and running I can see lots of areas to make the site easier but let's get it walking before trying to run!

Good luck, I'm looking forward to seeing it do well.
    Well spotted - will sort the typo :)

Another good spot the off road categories, thank you!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    I haven't tried to register yet as it's just a test site. Where is your income on this, is it a charge to list, or a charge on a trade, or something else?

I'll be listing two of mine with you. I fancy a bmw r90 scrambler
    Please try the process of uploading even though its a test site.

I've not decided how to charge for it so it will be free until it reaches critical mass.....

Sounds like a great idea to me!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    when you list your bike, you are asked which type of bike or make you are after, then you are taken to a list of bikes whos owners have listed your bike type as interesting.

so I have a streep triple (naked) looking to trade for a sports bike...

that's how I hope it works....
    I have a Street Triple I was thinking of trading down to something so I'll give it a go when we are back off hols.

Master
    hi all

here is the real website incase you want to send anybody a link :)

thanks all!

http://www.trademyride.co.uk/

is there a reason the site has :

Lorem Ipsum is simply ..... under the headings 'about trade my ride' and 'its free,simple...'?

Also for the naked category, you may want to consider putting a more modern naked, a tuono or something

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by samswatch View Post
    is there a reason the site has :

Lorem Ipsum is simply ..... under the headings 'about trade my ride' and 'its free,simple...'?

Also for the naked category, you may want to consider putting a more modern naked, a tuono or something
    its just text to fill a space until I write something.

good point about the naked bike etc - thanks!!!

Master
    Well I'm about to do a facebook page which needs a competition to drive traffic to it, so what sorts of bikey things would you guys bother to fill a form in to win, say to the value of £250, any ideas please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Well I'm about to do a facebook page which needs a competition to drive traffic to it, so what sorts of bikey things would you guys bother to fill a form in to win, say to the value of £250, any ideas please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A gift voucher for one of the larger on-line retailers might be easiest to administer and have the widest popularity - plus you may be able to negotiate the actual cost down somewhat in return for the advertising?

Craftsman
    vouchers is probably the best idea (sportbikeshop) but I'd also be interested in high end gloves, bluetooth headset or video setup.

Master

competiton

www.trademyride.co.uk/launch-competition/

please like and share chaps - thank you!