closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I'm loving my new omega

Craftsman

I'm loving my new omega

I've owned many handsome watches over the last few years but this little fella is up there with the best of them... so much nicer in the flesh, pictures of this watch really don't do it justice. If you like value for money and high quality then this watch is really worth considering..

Last edited by smalltime; 22nd June 2017 at 10:38.

I really like those, they are a modern classic, probably the best iteration of the SMP for me. It's nice when you see developments in a particular line that seem to make sense and and I think that this design will fare very well down the ages. I far prefer them to the monstrous carbuncles that rolex are trotting out. I think I even prefer them to the BB red, simply because of the SMP's lineage and uncluttered design. The BB, while a nice watch in its own right screams a bit too 'retro' for me. I think this SMP is nice and honest.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman
    Not the best pictures, so much nicer in person. The case is beautiful, nice flow between brushed and polished surfaces. The dial is gorgeous and the glass is almost invisible. The lume is amaizing amd stays bright all night. The bezel action is poor compared to a rolex dive watch. I'm not a massive fan of the bracelet but I bought this watch with the intention of fitting an omega rubber strap which was expensive bit it's very high quality. All in all a fantastic watch for not an awful lot of money.

I like the blue one, it's proper handsome me duck.
    Only thing I'm not sure about is the Skeleton hands

Master

I'm loving my new omega

The SMP seems like a must have for watch lovers. Decent price too, especially used. I actually prefer the previous versions with the wave dial, but with applied markers. Can't go wrong with any iteration!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    I like the blue one, it's proper handsome me duck.
    Only thing I'm not sure about is the Skeleton hands
    And black date wheel? Once noticed it can never be unseen!

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Black date wheel not a problem for me. Me likey. I had two prs10 with different date wheels iirc and I preffered the blacky

Like it a lot, looks great on the rubber strap. I have a blue one and the black date wheel doesn't bother me at all. It might if it were not such a deep shade of blue.

Craftsman
    Love it. Going to look for one on the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    If buying new checkout chrononext and if paying with debit card you'll get a discount, mine worked out at £2250 and received from Germany within 48 hours. Watch was from a UK AD too. Highly recommend them.

Love mine on the rubber. The bracelet is really comfortable but it looks a bit too fussy for me. Rubber is ace!

Master
    I love the black date wheel – I’d like a matching one on all my watches!

Craftsman
    Best watch I own the Black SMPc on oem rubber, and my cheapest watch bar 1.

Screw Rolex, this watch rocks with the best of them, Thought I would try the oem rubber and been using it for 12 months on.
    Face perfect, size perfect, a bit of red (you pay Rolex 10k for a bit of red) perfect, the glass coating amazing, Black date window , perfect, the oem rubber cool and less common works with jeans, perfect.

I love this watch combo.
    As the OP said looks better in real life over pictures.

Craftsman
    That looks awesome on you... the rubber strap gives it a special touch in my opinion. Very stealth.

It sure is a lovely watch and a suitable alternative to or an addition to a Rolex Sub. I still believe that sword hands would be better. While the lume is decent, I find it is a challenge in the dark to tell time at a glance.

Grand Master
    SMPc is probably the best value for money 'quality' diver out there. However, I prefer the earlier 'black Bond' version, it's a tad slimmer, I prefer the wavy dial, and I prefer the traditional bezel and insert. I had both in my possession a couple of years ago so I got chance to compare side by side.

Paul

Journeyman
    Looks gorgeous. I had an earlier blue version but the black looks fantastic. Makes the sub look positively Neanderthal!

Rubber really does suit that!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    SMPc is probably the best value for money 'quality' diver out there. However, I prefer the earlier 'black Bond' version, it's a tad slimmer, I prefer the wavy dial, and I prefer the traditional bezel and insert. I had both in my possession a couple of years ago so I got chance to compare side by side.

Paul
    Its funny how tastes differ Paul, i prefer the SMPc for being a tad thicker, i prefer the glossy dial to the wave dial, and love the ceramic bezel insert, as the saying goes, it would be boring if we were all the same!

Matt

Blog Entries
    Got the same with the bracelet, absolutely love it and gets the most wrist time , the gloss black dial when it catches the sun (quite a lot at the moment :) is simply stunning, had a few seamaster's but the black ceramic is a definite keeper

Craftsman
    I keep hearing this complaint pretty often but I'm not sure what's wrong with that? It's not like e.g. PP match the colour of their date wheels with the colour of dials so there.
    Last edited by Sparjar; 22nd June 2017 at 18:07.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunsung View Post
    The SMP seems like a must have for watch lovers. Decent price too, especially used. I actually prefer the previous versions with the wave dial, but with applied markers. Can't go wrong with any iteration!
    I have a quartz version of the previous version in blue and really like it.

It gets far more wrist time than my Sub 14060M.

SMPc black on bracelet for me, must be one of the best value watches out there....to us anyway, to normal people its ridiculously expensive!

me too

i also have one
    love it wearing it on black leather with red stitching looks great

They're great watches in all incarnations. I obtained a ceramic one not long ago on this very forum and its a solid, attractive bit of kit.

Interesting though that, on a thread specifically about an Omega seamaster, rolex gets mentioned so much - l know the submariner is a comparable piece and aimed at a similar market, but the brand with the crown always seems to get that mention and steal a bit of thunder. The guys at rolex must love that fact.

Back on topic - great watch and, as mentioned earlier, great on rubber.

Craftsman
    That does look super nice, especially on the rubber strap.

Master
    Looks striking on rubber.

Ah, the SMP before Omega went to 15+mm for the dive watch. Not that I don't appreciate the tech of the new PO movement but these wear so nicely. Great pick up.

Master
    There was an intermediate step at 13.5mm. The 42mm 2201.50 is a nice piece to be sure but I agree that the 15-16mm thick later generation of POs are just boat anchors designed to twat holes in door frames. The SMP (both sword and skeleton) is a design classic and deserved to remain unmessed like the Speedy but sadly Omega disagreed.

It's a seriously good looking watch and I've jonesing for one too recently. Saw a few on a watch shopping trip this week ( I mean business trip, ahem) in Japan. Nice on the rubber too.

I had a Bond SMP and liked it but prefer these new glossy black ones.

Craftsman
    I'm a big fan of Omega, and the Bond SMP is one of my favourites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    I have a quartz version of the previous version in blue and really like it.
    Same here. I have the Seamaster 2542.80 and it has been worn a lot, especially when I travel.

Congrats to OP on the new purchase. Wear in good health.