closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Looks like somebody has been scammed in the Rolex community

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paulscurfield View Post
    A workmate bought a sub on eBay for the very low (in my opinion) price of £2600, what arrived was an old wireless router, it was sent by special delivery, pay pal gave him a refund but his wife is an ex policewomen so pushed the matter further, it turns out the seller was a convicted insurance scammer so I’m guessing the claim was against the Royal Mail.
    Why would there be a claim against Royal Mail? They have no control over what people put inside the parcels they post.

If PayPal wanted to recover their money and could not do so by taking the money from the scammer's PP-linked account(s) as per their Ts&CS then their civil claim would be against the scammer.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 1st February 2018 at 14:33.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Why would there be a claim against Royal Mail? They have no control over what people put inside the parcels they post.

If PayPal wanted to recover their money and could not do so by taking the money from the scammer's PP-linked account(s) as per their Ts&CS then their civil claim would be against the scammer.
    Because the seller insured the package and claimed the ‘Rolex’ was stolen in transit, pay pal refunded my friend within weeks of the router being delivered.

Blog Entries
    Because the seller insured the package and claimed the ‘Rolex’ was stolen in transit, pay pal refunded my friend within weeks of the router being delivered.
    If PayPal refunded the buyer then their claim to recover their expenses would be against the seller.

In theory the seller would have a claim against Royal Mail but if it was discovered that he was in fact a scammer then such a claim wouldn't have got very far.

From what you've said, it seems that there was certainly no legitimate claim against Royal Mail.

Apprentice
    If PayPal refunded the buyer then their claim to recover their expenses would be against the seller.

In theory the seller would have a claim against Royal Mail but if it was discovered that he was in fact a scammer then such a claim wouldn't have got very far.

From what you've said, it seems that there was certainly no legitimate claim against Royal Mail.
    I never said there was a legitimate claim, the seller was a fraudster! The claim never went anywhere as the scammer had previous convictions for fraud,
    Are you calling me a liar?

Blog Entries
    Are you calling me a liar?
    Good grief. No.

Good grief. No.
    You have discovered brevity! Well done.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    You have discovered brevity! Well done.
    Ignorance. Read more. Oft-brief.