closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Windows Update Problem

Windows Update Problem

My Windows 10 has options 'Update and restart', 'Update and shut down' etc though if I select these, PC restarts/closes without updating (I presume, because options are still there afterwards).

Has been like this for a week or so. Anyone else had this?

Nope, all recent updates have installed without issues.

I've no idea where those messages are displayed on your system so let's start from scratch. Hit the Windows key and type 'settings.' Click on the settings link and then on 'Update & security.' Then click on 'Check for updates.' Allow all the updates to install and ignore any messages to restart until prompted in this (Windows Update) window. With Windows 10, all updates should install in one go but as you're having issues I would repeat this process after the reboot just to confirm that you have all updates.

Let us know how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    I've no idea where those messages are displayed on your system so let's start from scratch. Hit the Windows key and type 'settings.' Click on the settings link and then on 'Update & security.' Then click on 'Check for updates.' Allow all the updates to install and ignore any messages to restart until prompted in this (Windows Update) window. With Windows 10, all updates should install in one go but as you're having issues I would repeat this process after the reboot just to confirm that you have all updates.

Yep...and from the Windows Update page I'd check the Update Settings, eg Active hours, Restart and Advanced options to see if they're blocking the update for any reason.

Windows Update Problem

The 'messages' are some options alongside usual 'sleep', 'shutdown' etc ones on right-clicking (?) Windows button.

I'll try what's been suggested when I get home.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 21st June 2017 at 13:08.

Master
    plug it into the power and make sure that the power settings are always on - on power.

then just leave it on a restart

Master
    Blog Entries
    I lost Microsoft Edge and my Emails as have a few other people who also have Rapport the banking security. There is only a temp fix for this so ended up wiping and a restart which as now sorted it out

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post

This did the trick,thanks. There was a backlog of updates to install including large Creator update.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    This did the trick,thanks. There was a backlog of updates to install including large Creator update.
    Great to hear; thanks for letting us know.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    I lost Microsoft Edge and my Emails as have a few other people who also have Rapport the banking security. There is only a temp fix for this so ended up wiping and a restart which as now sorted it out
    If he default browser is set to ie then win10 removes the icons for edge, bit stupid I know but they obviously assume that if IE is your default you've no need to use edge?