closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Coffee bullet

Coffee bullet

Anyone here on the butter coffee? How do you make yours?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Tried a few times but not really for me.

I found the best way to do it is with an electric hand mixer to get it really mixed in. I used to add a bit of coconut oil as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What didn't you like? The flavour?

What would the difference be between coffee made with a tablespoon of butter and that made with a tablespoon of cream? Creamy coffee sounds far more appetising than butter coffee.

No. I'll have my usual coffee and just enjoy having more butter on my toast.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Every morning I have a Tassimo coffee with a tablespoon of Polish butter and a large slug of double cream. Filling and tasty. Mmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Porky View Post
    Every morning I have a Tassimo coffee with a tablespoon of Polish butter and a large slug of double cream. Filling and tasty. Mmmmmmmm
    said Mr Porky... tee hee

Master
    It's supposed to provide lots of energy.
    Can be had with coconut or MTC oil.
    Apparently has to be grass fed butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    First I've ever heard of this, seems weird in concept but will be giving it a try!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Porky View Post
    😤

Totally a personal opinion, and I fully recognize the immutable right of others not to share my opinion, but the Bulletproof diet looks like a load of tosh.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Totally a personal opinion, and I fully recognize the immutable right of others not to share my opinion, but the Bulletproof diet looks like a load of tosh.
    There are elements of it which are shown to help with weightloss and weight management - but metabolically a high fat low carb diet dense suit everyone. However, this is sound advice for anyone "Your diet should be low in sugar, organic, rich in antioxidants, and contain high-quality fats, grass-fed protein and responsibly sourced foods"

The whole 'mycotoxins' thing and that bullet proof coffee is the only coffee fee from them is indeed a load of tosh - at least according to studies by the FDA in the US (and their food standards are generally lower than ours).

As with many of this type of 'product' a lot of spin based on some 'truths' and some 'mis-truths'

Diet or not, I like the sound of an espresso shot with melted butter.

I can imagine a rich creamy feel with the harshness of the coffee mellowed by the creaminess of the butter.

I think I'll give one a try!

Master
    A complete heart attack .......... in a cup! Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by UKMike View Post
    A complete heart attack .......... in a cup! Perfect
    The Bulletproof fad diet includes loads of dodgy BS.

But the simplistic "butter = heart attack" myth isn't any more credible. Don't forget that it was popularized by the clever fellows touting hydrogenated vegetable oils. :)

Trying this later; I have some nice fancy butter at home made with Guernsey milk and sea salt crystals, the idea of this with a Nespresso Ristretto double shot has me salivating.

Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    Trying this later; I have some nice fancy butter at home made with Guernsey milk and sea salt crystals, the idea of this with a Nespresso Ristretto double shot has me salivating.
    the things I've read say you shouldn't use salted butter, although I'm not sure why as some coffee geeks use salt in coffee anyway.

i don't have a blender, but i do have one of those battery operated mini frothers, so i might give it a shot later.

What's (a) 'coffee bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by roondog View Post
    What's (a) 'coffee bullet?
    A marketing term for coffee with mixed with butter and expensive coconut oil, coined by some fake guru selling said expensive coconut oil. (As well as magic beans and other wishful-thinking gizmos.)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtennisguru View Post
    , grass-fed protein '
    How exactly do the protein molecules know where they've come from? Are the muscles in a grass fed cow made from something different to those in a cow fed on something else?

Just tried this, double Nespresso Ristretto and approx heaped tea spoon of sea salted West Country butter. Flipping yum! Cannot believe I've not tried this before. So good I made another immediately after and added a dash of double cream too.

Master
    To do the the diet properly you are supposed to eat very little and have a few of these a day. A friend did it and he spent most of the time on the loo.

I won't do either but, if forced, I think I'd rather put butter in my coffee than sugar.

I'm not into the diet thing, I just like my coffee
    A guy I know is well into his health stuff and he says it's a really good way to take coffee without the jitters.
    I made a coffee with butter today, I don't have a blender and the electric mini frother is goosed, so I just made a cafetiere and then mixed that with butter in one of those stainless steel jug frothers.
    I must say, I really liked it, but not something I would drink all day. It's quite rich .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    How exactly do the protein molecules know where they've come from? Are the muscles in a grass fed cow made from something different to those in a cow fed on something else?
    Well, they aren't made of artificial hormones and GM feed that most cattle are fed on, so I would say largely yes :)

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    I'm not into the diet thing, I just like my coffee
    A guy I know is well into his health stuff and he says it's a really good way to take coffee without the jitters.
    I made a coffee with butter today, I don't have a blender and the electric mini frother is goosed, so I just made a cafetiere and then mixed that with butter in one of those stainless steel jug frothers.
    I must say, I really liked it, but not something I would drink all day. It's quite rich .
    It's also fantastically calorie dense!

The premise is that you have a buttered coffee in the morning and then fast until the late afternoon/evening as the fats keep you satiated for longer, so if you're having a "bulletproof coffee" for breakfast (or whenever) and sticking to your usual diet then you're likely to be seeing bigger numbers creeping up on the scales!

I'd add I'm not dieting either but would rather some fat than sugar. I am a coffee junkie.

I sadly went to Holland to visit a friend and was introduced to coffee milk which ruined my home instant coffee. After much searching I found out that it's basically evaporated milk, so I dutifully buy a few cans of it every week now at the supermarket and am in coffee heaven again, I dare you to try it and go back to just normal milk again! I mix normal milk and evaporated milk 50/50 now and it's a wonderfully delicious drink.

I daren't try it, it sounds too scrumptious!

Coffee already have some vegetable fats, some more some less. But hey, coronary and cerebral arteries are evil and must be punished ;)
    Last edited by VDG; 22nd June 2017 at 20:59.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtennisguru View Post
    Well, they aren't made of artificial hormones and GM feed that most cattle are fed on, so I would say largely yes :)
    But the OP didn't say organic / non-GM, he said grass fed. My question still stands (and grass fed could still contain hormones and grass could have pesticides / fertilisers).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    But the OP didn't say organic / non-GM, he said grass fed. My question still stands (and grass fed could still contain hormones and grass could have pesticides / fertilisers).
    While you're correct that there's a bit more to it, it's undeniable that cows are meant to roam around and eat grass. There are huge problems inherent with keeping them confined in feedlots and forcing them to eat grains.

I'm having another one this morning. I really like it.
    Tibetans traditionally drink tea churned with butter and salted. It can be anything from really delicious, to extremely rank . It's very good at altitude however. I guess buttered coffee isn't so different from that.

Craftsman
    Was drinking the stuff for a few months but as part of a fasting diet. I'd wake up at 6:30 have a butter coffee and be full up until 1-2pm.

Tasty but disgustingly rich

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Belligero View Post
    While you're correct that there's a bit more to it, it's undeniable that cows are meant to roam around and eat grass. There are huge problems inherent with keeping them confined in feedlots and forcing them to eat grains.
    I couldn't agree more but I had a whiff of some nonsense science in he phrase "grass-fed protein" and my pedantry kicked in.

Don't understand how this can be healthy? If you want a high calorie, high fat, high protein breakfast, why not just have a full english, washed down with a nice butter free coffee

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Don't understand how this can be healthy? If you want a high calorie, high fat, high protein breakfast, why not just have a full english, washed down with a nice butter free coffee
    But that wouldn't be hip.