closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: campers

Craftsman

campers

just realized that my world is not complete it NEEDS a camper in it!! seriously though a friend has one and i love the idea of having a mini mobile home that i can just jump in at any given moment and take a well earned break, trouble is i had no idea they were so bloody expensive! i had in my mind 12k and i'll be able to get something to tick all the boxes little did i know! my plan is to make up some extra cash by selling my run around and buying something i can also use as an everyday run around if need be, i have a couple of motor bikes that are my main means of transport so wouldn't need to use the camper that often, a vw t4 or t5 would be preferable but i'm open to suggestions, ideally something with a pop top.. any suggestions and pointers on good and bad campers, pitfalls e.t.c would be much appreciated, iv'e upped the budget to 18k if that brings in any options iv'e not considered

thanks in advance

gary

Loads of camper threads on here gary
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

We have a Reimo T4 from 2001 and love it. Haven't looked at prices recently but should be within your budget.

As an alternative look for a Toyota Granvia...mine has a pop up roof, full camper conversion...same size as a VW, Land cruiser engine and bombproof...well within budget and will run forever

Wander around the show rooms to find the internal layout, size, and space which will suit you the best - then look around for the right one which has your spec.
    Decide on the base vehicle last, the living space and internal facilities are much more important.

There is plenty of choice out there.
    If you want to take a motorbike with you - get a camper which can be fitted with a tow bar for a bike trailer.
    Or get a van which can take a bike inside, and a ramp.

We used to take a 100cc scooter away on our holidays - but recently upgraded to the Honda MSX 125 minibike.
    It fits inside no problem

campers

I've had a Mazda Bongo, fun, very comfortable for one person, close for two unless the weather is warm and you are outside nearly all the time.

Toyota Granvia has been mentioned; Nissan Elgrand, Toyota Alphard. Some of the conversions of the Japanese people carriers/ day vans are truly awful. Pick carefully. Otherwise an older VW converted by Westfalia or Reimo would be a much better quality conversion.

You might get a higher mileage or older T5 commercial van conversion, but again there are some really bad conversions. A conversion doesn't have to be expensive, but it should be put together safely.

Oh and I'm sure you will be glad to know that there are TZUK like fora. The Mazda Bongo forum is helpful and light, whereas the VW California one is a bit stiff with over bearing 'use the search' zealots and the occasional spat about nothing in particular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 29th June 2017 at 12:26.

Craftsman
    guys, some very helpful info, added granvia to my list also that honda msx looks ideal as a holiday run about...

I have a spare set of "Jota" type adjustable handle bars if you need to get a little Honda MSX through a narrow door.
    The foot peg split pins have been swapped out for R clips to make the foot pegs quick release.
    The bike easily fits through a 48cm gap.
    Lightweight alloy ramps are £43 from ebay.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230mm-Wide...sAAOSwSzRZQOaM

Master

Smile

hI op.

the vw forum T4 has a vehicle for sale section.

worth a look.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    hI op.

the vw forum T4 has a vehicle for sale section.

worth a look.
    thanks i'll be sure to take a look..

There is a UK based Toyota Granvia forum also...very friendly and knowledgeable bunch with a for sale section too..

http://www.toyota-granvia.co.uk/

There is also conversion company based in Huddersfield with a great reputation who used to convert Granvias ..Wellhouse campers...their vans come up for sale now and then, for instance :

http://wellhouseleisure.com/product/...d-ready-to-go/