closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Just funded my first Kickstarter project. I'm gonna own the moon!

Master

Just funded my first Kickstarter project. I'm gonna own the moon!

Christ knows where I'll put it, but you've got to admit it's pretty cool.. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...token=3a75a1f4

Master
    What you have there is the moon on a stick.

Good luck. I would no longer touch kick-starter with the moon on a stick - far too easy to turn a fancy video and some GCI into cash.

Has this kickstarter lark not now turned into a way of dodging tax?

Make something (or buy in bulk from China), then instead of selling it via your own shop/website/ebay/amazon and pay income and/or corporation tax, you give a free one to everyone that 'donates' to your kickstarter?

Brighty

Master
    I'm into things that have no real purpose or use, but are just 'cool', and even if they're not always my cup of tea I can still usually 'get it'

Don't get that at all, sorry.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I'm into things that have no real purpose or use, but are just 'cool', and even if they're not always my cup of tea I can still usually 'get it'

Fair do's. I've always been a little fascinated by the moon, or more specifically, the lunar landscape; so that's what attracted me. I also quite like that the lights can be set to rotate in 'real time' - an interesting take on a moonphase complication.

I think thats pretty cool actually & is a 'proper' Kickstarter product!!

I have bought more than my fair share of Kickstarter products over the years & still think is a great platform.

However, I never did understand why Pebble launched their 2nd product on KS & that seemed a very odd use of KS......

I was also involved with Oculus from their very early stages & their KS (& subsequent) journey has been nothing short of spectacular!!

Cheers

Paul

Kickstarter is dangerous!

Out of half a dozen things bought only one I regularly use - an aluminium ruler/set square thingy - the rest of my "I absolutely need that!" purchases are in a cupboard somewhere

That is actually really cool. Didn't know I did before, but now think I may 'need' one of those things.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by paul360m View Post
    I think thats pretty cool actually & is a 'proper' Kickstarter product!!

I have bought more than my fair share of Kickstarter products over the years & still think is a great platform.

However, I never did understand why Pebble launched their 2nd product on KS & that seemed a very odd use of KS......

I was also involved with Oculus from their very early stages & their KS (& subsequent) journey has been nothing short of spectacular!!

Cheers

Paul
    I bet Kickstarter didn't complain though. They took a nice cut of $20,000,000 haha

Craftsman
    It's the modern ' Ronco ' alternative

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post

It's like a table top Moonphase watch - I get it, although I wouldn't spend £300 on it!

M.