closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Strap advice needed for Sewills Ark Royal

Strap advice needed for Sewills Ark Royal

I got one of the Sewills Ark Royals last week on a bracelet but want to try it on a strap and need some suggestions. The watch has very short lugs and none of the padded straps I have from RIOS1931 fit it. Ideally I'd like a dressy strap, maybe an alligator, but need to make sure it fits.

Craftsman

Re: Strap advice needed for Sewills Ark Royal

I had no issue in putting this Di-Modell Oregon using the springbars that came with the watch. I must admit I didn't succeed using the other springbars I had (thicker ones).

For what I can see, I think the unpadded Juchten leather from Rios should also fit but I haven't tested.
    Hope this helps

Benoît

Master

The Banda Alligator 'Sporty Matte' fits OK :) .......

Cheers :)

Thanks for the tip about the Banda alligator. I ordered one last week which arrived yesterday. It is a top quality strap that looks great on the Ark Royal. I went for the push button deployant version and it feels a lot more comfortable than the bracelet which I could never get to sit properly on my wrist. I really needed a half link.

I think the black alligator makes it a much dressier watch, which is what I was looking for from the Ark Royal. It will be getting its first trip out with a suit tomorrow.

I've been wearing mine on one-piece braided. I haven't been able to take good pics of the combo yet, but it's very dressy.

john
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee
    Thanks for the tip about the Banda alligator. I ordered one last week which arrived yesterday. It is a top quality strap that looks great on the Ark Royal. I went for the push button deployant version and it feels a lot more comfortable than the bracelet which I could never get to sit properly on my wrist. I really needed a half link.

I think the black alligator makes it a much dressier watch, which is what I was looking for from the Ark Royal. It will be getting its first trip out with a suit tomorrow.
    Great, any pics? :D

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas

I've been wearing mine on one-piece braided. I haven't been able to take good pics of the combo yet, but it's very dressy.

john
    I like the fabric idea, maybe a Nilsen black canvas would also suit.....

I'm still enjoying the alligator.....

........but just received a bracelet that's starting to win me over :D

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

I thought instead of a new thread I'd revive this dead one - I am in strap hunting mode fancying a change from the bracelet (speaks volumes of the bracelet I am only looking now....) and wanting to see what people are strapping onto their Sewills