closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: It's Too Hot

Hybrid View

Deleted
    Last edited by Analogue; 12th September 2017 at 00:13.

Master
    Sweating again minutes after getting out of the shower. Sweaty plums. What feels like a never ending bout of the snotters due to hay fever. Itchy and dry eyes also due to the hay fever. Fretful sleep due to the heat. Open a window and you've got wasps to contend with. Even my poor dog doesn't know what to do with himself. All the chavs are out and about flaunting as much mottled flesh as possible.
    What's to love about a hot Summer? No, give me Autumn every time!
    Last edited by seabiscuit; 19th June 2017 at 23:33.

It goes without saying yet, please do not forget to drink plenty of water to hydrate yourselves, even if you are not thirsty, and look after your loved ones, esp young and elderly, they may not realise that they are suffering from the dyhadration. And do not forget to leave plenty of water for your pooch and/or moggy ;)
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    It goes without saying yet, please do not forget to drink plenty of water to hydrate yourselves, even if you are not thirsty, and look after your loved ones, esp young and elderly, they may not realise that they are suffering from the dyhadration. And do not forget to leave plenty of water for your pooch and/or moggy ;)
    Strange this modern fad of carrying bottles and constantly drinking water. As children the things just didn't exist - just a manky water fountain at school which no-one hardly used.

Muslims are managing to go without all day during Ramadan (children/the ill excepted) and AFAIK aren't coming to harm.

Master
    Love the hot weather although as I live on the West coast of Scotland it is not a common thing. Trouble I have is I suffer from vitiligo and have it on my hands, head, legs, arms etc so I have to wear total sunblock or else I get very seriously burnt eg hospital burnt.
    Fun, fun fun.

Never mind folks, give it a few days and I don't doubt you'll start complaining about how rubbish this summer is.
    Last edited by number2; 20th June 2017 at 05:29.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Never mind folks, give it a few days and I don't doubt you'll start complaining about how rubbish this summer is.
    Always look on the bright side.

I imagine the tube is truly awful though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Strange this modern fad of carrying bottles and constantly drinking water. As children the things just didn't exist - just a manky water fountain at school which no-one hardly used.

Muslims are managing to go without all day during Ramadan (children/the ill excepted) and AFAIK aren't coming to harm.
    We didn't wear helmets riding our bikes either and used to smoke in the office and in restaurants just a few years back which doesn't make it right does it.

Drinking water helps to prevent dehydration which can creep up rather unnoticed and contribute to heat stroke due to lack/reduced perspiration, it can affect anyone but children and elderly are more susceptible, and you do not want an elderly person to pass out and fall which in itself can bear rather serious consequences.

There is a school of thought out there that intermittent fasting, as of not eating food rather than not drinking liquids is actually good for you. I can't see a positive health benefits though of denying oneself food and water for 18-19 hours out of 24 and then eating your iftar, usually a plenty of calories in one go. The health issues aside, if one would have to engage in any physical or academic work, personally I'm not sure he/she will be at the best of their abilities to perform the task, opinions vary obviously. If you want a more definitive answer, why not try to fast and see for yourself?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    It's not to hot, it is wonderful. Long may it continue.

Master
    The fat block in the bird feeder has melted into a glob. Am off to N. Scotland next week so expect a rapid drop in temp. plus rain to boot.

Blog Entries
    7:30 here. 20+ already. It is going to be another nice day! No airco where I am today. Only a big fan. With a frozen bottle in front of it (courtesy of this forum!)

Menno

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post

I often wonder about that. Nobody in years past carried glass bottles around full of water. It's only since they brought the plastic ones out this became popular. Just a marketing gimmick. Our landfills pay the price.

I'm in Berlin with Carlton-Brown and my mate big Pete. Each day it's been 30-31°C and miles of walking. At least the hotels cool. Drinking gallons of water and beer. The bunkers have given us some respite A breeze would be a Godsend! Phew!!!