closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Time 4A Pint Podcast #12: Transatlantic Larry and his Travel Roll of Goodies

Journeyman

The Time 4A Pint Podcast #12: Transatlantic Larry and his Travel Roll of Goodies

Episode 12 of The Time 4A Pint Podcast - On today's show we meet Larry, a well travelled gent who was visiting London on business this week, and took some time out from a hectic work schedule to talk us through his (more than metaphorical) watch collecting journey.

Having bullied him into crossing the Atlantic with some fun stuff, Larry brought along a 2998-6 Omega Speedmaster, a 1969 pre-moon Omega Speedmaster, a Rolex Submariner 5513, and a handful of watches from Universal Geneve, including a Polerouter, a Uni-Compax, and two Tri-Compax Moon Phase watches. That's a serious travel roll.

Listen now.

Enjoyed that. Many thanks :-)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Enjoyed that. Many thanks :-)
    Cheers, was a bit of a boozy one in a loud bar, so glad that it's still worth listening to! :D

Journeyman
    Would love to hear feedback from anyone that's had a chance to listen - anything you weren't keen on, would like more of, would like changed?

Cheers

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by tyrantlizardrex View Post
    Would love to hear feedback from anyone that's had a chance to listen - anything you weren't keen on, would like more of, would like changed?

Cheers

Chris
    I listened to it on the way to work and really enjoyed it- I prefer the longer length format and the enthusiasm comes across really well. One thing that may help is more emphasis on describing the more esoteric watches to help those driving/ without access to the pictures.

Glad that there has been more discussion on Seiko and even Rolex recently as it seemed rather omega heavy at first listen- perhaps a Heuer collector could be next?

I'd also personally be fascinated to hear a discussion between yourself and some of the members of this forum.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    I listened to it on the way to work and really enjoyed it- I prefer the longer length format and the enthusiasm comes across really well. One thing that may help is more emphasis on describing the more esoteric watches to help those driving/ without access to the pictures.

Glad that there has been more discussion on Seiko and even Rolex recently as it seemed rather omega heavy at first listen- perhaps a Heuer collector could be next?

I'd also personally be fascinated to hear a discussion between yourself and some of the members of this forum.
    Good shout Thom4711 - will work on my antiques roadshow style description skills :D

I have an ongoing quest to cast the net far and wide - I'm heading out tonight to record another Seiko based episode with a chap who I think is a member here.

Always happy to have anyone on who's up for it and has interesting thing to have a natter about. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post

Pretty spot on with this, couldn't have put it better myself.