closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Improvised air con

Improvised air con

(1) Take an empty plastic bottle, three quarters fill it with water, put it in the freezer.

(2) Once it's frozen solid, place it directly in front of a small desk fan.

In badly-ventilated spaces, it makes a genuine difference. Someone showed me it when we were stocking up a hot cramped cellar, and I was deeply grateful!

Master
    Another similar one is to put a bowl of ice cubes in front of the fan, or so I'm told. Never tried it myself.

On a similar vein. A tip i picked up and have used back in my fishing days. If you are stuck with warm bottles of beer on a hot day, and no fridge or freezer to hand. Take a sock, wet thoroughly, put beer inside sock, leave in the sun. Voila, cold beer. Magic

Just another little tip in this warm weather,take the hatch cover off the loft access.
    Let's all the hot air in the house rise into the loft

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    On a similar vein. A tip i picked up and have used back in my fishing days. If you are stuck with warm bottles of beer on a hot day, and no fridge or freezer to hand. Take a sock, wet thoroughly, put beer inside sock, leave in the sun. Voila, cold beer. Magic
    Gonna taste funny and run through the fabric, surely???

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Gonna taste funny and run through the fabric, surely???

;-)
    Wring it out into a shoe. Then add a slice of lemon for a stylish footwear-based cocktail.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    (1) Take an empty plastic bottle, three quarters fill it with water, put it in the freezer.

(2) Once it's frozen solid, place it directly in front of a small desk fan.

In badly-ventilated spaces, it makes a genuine difference. Someone showed me it when we were stocking up a hot cramped cellar, and I was deeply grateful!
    Better still if you put the bottle on a tray to catch the condensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    This works. I was camping in Provence last year and had no power or communal fridges, we had a brick built stand to a sink, we'd keep wetting the bricks and soil beneath the sink and store our beer/wine/food here. It was by no means a fridge, but due to evaporation made the beer/wine more tolerable in the 30+ degree heat, it worked a treat.

For the fan/air con tip, I've heard that it works better with the ice behind the fan?

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    For the fan/air con tip, I've heard that it works better with the ice behind the fan?
    Oh, that makes sense