closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Can you ID my boss's watch?

Can you ID my boss's watch?

I met my new boss yesterday (top mega boss, not my direct boss) and was stumped trying to figure out what he was wearing. I didn't talk to him a great deal and the entire conversation for the night was work related, so didn't want to comment or ask about it.

All I know about him outside of work is that he's into yachting and is in a position that available budget wouldn't rule anything out.

It was a steel/WG/platinum case. Triple lug arrangement. Metal, one colour angled bezel (Daytona style, but chunkier) markings at the hours (I think 5/10/15...and in an engraved square), Chronograph. Rectangular pushers (silver, one either side of the crown). Black rubber strap with deployant. Black dial, quite busy with subdials. Oversized '12' numeral, and I think baton or plots for the rest. Possibly skeleton/cut-out hands. Some kind of brand/text at typical central upper half of dial position. Didn't look to be much bigger than a Speedmaster.

My initial thought was some Ulysse Nardin or JLC Master Compressor, which would fit with sailing theme, but the logo I saw didn't look like JLC.

It was like this case

with bezel number liks this (didn't seem so deeply engraved, nor have the waves)

It's bugging me now.

Any ideas?

You are fired! Report to the HR once you're in the office.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Maybe I could be after my little internet stalking exercise...

These, however, may be more useful than my beer filtered recollections.

The strap clearly UN.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

It's a very rare and precious prototype.

I have spoken to UN and it's confirmed by Chris and Simon.

Why don't you just ask him? it would be a lot easier

Quote Originally Posted by animalone View Post
    Why don't you just ask him? it would be a lot easier
    Because when he had identified the exact model here he can drop it into conversation next time he sees his boss and secure instant pay rise and promotion...

Is that a Rouchefoucauld? The thinnest water-resistant watch in the world? Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to three atmospheres?

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    Because when he had identified the exact model here he can drop it into conversation next time he sees his boss and secure instant pay rise and promotion...
    So that is where I've been going wrong

Executive El Toro

Is that a Rouchefoucauld? The thinnest water-resistant watch in the world? Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to three atmospheres?
    Exactly the watch enthusiast fraternity is like the Illuminati, if your boss is part of it and realizes you are too, expect pay rises, beneficial treatment and guaranteed selection when looking for promotion. You all know the secret wrist flip then unscrew crown and wind 4 times to inform other members you are part of the club...........

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Executive El Toro
    Well, that is the exact watch which the OP shows in his first picture, saying it was a bit like it but with a different bezel. If you look at the two smaller pictures, the watch in question clearly has two square pushers on the crown side, which the El Toro or other UN Regatta timers don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Executive El Toro

Wow, that is a fabulous looking watch with mega complications

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Well, that is the exact watch which the OP shows in his first picture, saying it was a bit like it but with a different bezel. If you look at the two smaller pictures, the watch in question clearly has two square pushers on the crown side, which the El Toro or other UN Regatta timers don't have.
    Yes, misread the post. My apologies...

The current UN range does not include a watch with Executive-type strap, two pushers on the crown side and an extra hand with a triangle tip. Even a Google picture search does not reveal anything like it from discontinued models, same result on Chrono24.

If I was you, I would have asked him. Always a good intro for a non-work-related conversation.

Just say nice casio mate. I am sure he will then tell you what the watch is.

Sir, sir, I know which watch you are wearing!
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Craftsman
    Just ask the mam next time you see him. For all you know he likes his watches too...

Master

lol