closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zelos Hammerhead Bronze

Master

Zelos Hammerhead Bronze

Anyone bought a Zelos Hammerhead ?
    Read about them on ABTW, wondered would the Bronze fill the Tudor BBB void in my life, but for a few less £££ ?
    Slightly less chance of trying One on than the Tudor as they are pre-order only.

Craftsman
    Zelos is a brand from Singapore, where I am.

While I myself do not own one, a number in our local watch community do, and I have read many praises in our social media and community forum posts.

Blog Entries
    Just pre-ordered a Helmsman 2 from them , quite taken with it and the reviews I've read about the brand.

Master
    I have ordered one. Got an email on Friday that the first batch of preorders have been shipped from the factory, so they're on track for the mid July advertised delivery date. Will post a few impressions and pics when I get it in a couple of weeks

Master
    I can't speak for the others but I have a Zelos Abyss and it's a cracking watch.

Craftsman
    These look great, I'm very tempted by a bronze/blue Helmsman 2

Master
    My Hammerhead finally arrived last week and I have been wearing it since then.

I actually didn't like it at all when I first unboxed it, because the very shiny bronze made it look like one of those fake rose gold Michael Kors jobbies, but now that it starts to get some patina I really enjoy wearing it.

I would say that it wears quite small, I actually believe that it's smaller than the 44 mm advertised size (definitely looks smaller next to my 43 mm I.N.O.X.)

The meteorite dial (why I got it in the first place) is very nice and the lume is the brightest I've ever seen. The lumed Zelos logo on the crown is an awesome detail too.

My only 'gripes' are that the bronze is quite soft and so it scratches very easily (there was actually a small strap changing mark on one of the lugs right out of the box - not significant enough to make me chase Zelos up, but it was there nevertheless) and that the straps included are pretty bad. I would much rather have one decent strap than 3 mediocre ones, but hey ho, that's life. The rubber one is good enough to wear (if you like a rubber strap) but the 'leather' ones simply feel like cardboard. There's also next to no flexibility in them, so it's very difficult to remove from the watch.

Some quick pics taken today :

For now I have put it on a Hirsch vintage pilot style leather strap, but it could really do with a matching bronze buckle (the one the strap came with is silver). Any suggestions?

Ben

Blog Entries
    ^^^ I find that rather appealing. Congratulations on the purchase.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    ^^^ I find that rather appealing. Congratulations on the purchase.
    Thanks. It is quite an appealing watch. I'm glad I ordered it

Apprentice

Zelos Hammerhead.

Quote Originally Posted by asteclaru View Post
    Thanks. It is quite an appealing watch. I'm glad I ordered it
    Hi are you pleased with your Zelos watch?

Apprentice

Hammerhead

Quote Originally Posted by OHG1X View Post
    Anyone bought a Zelos Hammerhead ?
    Read about them on ABTW, wondered would the Bronze fill the Tudor BBB void in my life, but for a few less £££ ?
    Slightly less chance of trying One on than the Tudor as they are pre-order only.
    Hi Zelos is a Singapore company who’s watchs are made in China the watchs are good but the quality of the box and straps could be better.

Apprentice

Hammerhead or Nethuns bronze?

Hi I have received a bronze Hammerhead with the grey dial a it’s very dull I wish I had ordered the lighter version, the quality is good and I was wondering if any thought the Nethuns brand is better?