closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Better call Saul Epsiode 9

Blog Entries

Better call Saul Epsiode 9

Can't say much without spoilers. This is one of the best episodes the best episode done by this team of writers and actors. It's like the 'I am the one who knocks, Skyler' episode of BB. Breathtaking.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Excellent episode. I hope they keep this running for a few seasons yet. I was ready for BB to come to an end. This I feel has more legs.

Blog Entries
    I must admit that BCS wasn't a series that I thought I would like.....but I'm loving it, perhaps even more than BB.

There. I've said it.

sent from TZ-UK mobile app

I'm enjoying this as well, Bob Odenkirk is just a superb actor and was always one of my favourite characters in BB, it was a great decision to give him his own series.

I think it's superb actually like it over BB too,

Master
    I would definitely rate this higher than Breaking Bad. The acting is superb, especially from Bob Odenkirk and Michael McKean. Every character is so well drawn, and the wife and I find ourselves worrying over the fates of those that didn't appear in BB. The best thing on tv right now and I hope it continues for a few more seasons.

Blog Entries
    worrying over the fates of those that didn't appear in BB.
    Indeed! I will not share my thoughts in detail here (spoiler), but the word 'abrupt' springs to mind.

M

Master
    Excellent, agreed, BUT it's a pain having to wait a week for each 'hit' :-(

In hind site I wish I'd waited until the complete series was done with so I could binge watch ;-)

I'm doing the same with Fargo S3..... waiting for the complete series to be ready before I watch it. Though, I admit, I did try episode 1.

Master
    Can't disagree, best thing on telly at the moment by a long chalk.

I hope they carry it on a while yet.

I can never tell when it's meant to be set - 90's? 2000's? Judging from the cars and phones etc it can't be a million miles behind Breaking Bad, and now Jimmy has invented his "Saul-Goodman" persona it feels like we're not far from catching up with where we first met him dealing with Jesse/Walt.

Without wanting to turn this into a "spoiler" thread, what do we think will happen with Kim and Chuck in relation to Jimmy? I can't see happy endings in either of their futures but I really want Kim to do well, not have this Mesa Verde thing blow up in her face.

Interestingly I was looking at the viewer figures for this season and they are way down.
    Season one started with 7,000,000 tuning in - then it immediately halved to just over 3 million, steadily declining for the season.
    Season two was steady between 2 million and 2,500,000.
    Season three started under 2 million and has dropped to about 1.5 million.

Why is it declining so badly? Audience ratings are still in the high 90% range, is it just that people have such a short attention span?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Can't disagree, best thing on telly at the moment by a long chalk.

I hope they carry it on a while yet.

Interestingly I was looking at the viewer figures for this season and they are way down.
    Season one started with 7,000,000 tuning in - then it immediately halved to just over 3 million, steadily declining for the season.
    Season two was steady between 2 million and 2,500,000.
    Season three started under 2 million and has dropped to about 1.5 million.

Why is it declining so badly? Audience ratings are still in the high 90% range, is it just that people have such a short attention span?
    Novelty/attention span... Unfortunately, if the figures carrying on dropping like that, I doubt there'll be a season 4 :-(

So how did the Breaking Bad figures change over seasons? Checked it myself...
    So BB went from c. 1 to 1.5 million season one to about 3million season 5 but a huge surge up towards the final episode: 10 million on the last episode!

Master
    Agree that it the best thing on TV at the moment, just exceptional!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
    Novelty/attention span... Unfortunately, if the figures carrying on dropping like that, I doubt there'll be a season 4 :-(

I'm certain there will be a fourth season. Bear in mind it's a Netflix exclusive and they are not the only game in town any longer so that has to have a minor impact I'd guess. Plus there will probably be the "binge watchers" who wait until the end of the series to watch it in a couple of big chunks.

I know what you're saying though. It feels like they might find a way to bring it to conclusion sooner rather than later.

Blog Entries
    There's a suggestion on the internet that BB's 'Hank' had his appearance in BCS already. At the beginning of S3/E4, there's a scene where the DEA busts into Hector's shop. Around 8 mins a DEA agent's voice is heard. And indeed, a remarkable familiair voice!

I have been watching BCS from the beginning with short links to BB in mind: e.g. a beige jacket on a hallstand, a beige Pontiac Aztek pulling away from traffic lights (we're not sure how far back the BCS story goes) etc. Nothing! And now I've overlooked the DEA connection...

Blog Entries
    There's a suggestion on the internet that BB's 'Hank' had his appearance in BCS already. At the beginning of S3/E4, there's a scene where the DEA busts into Hector's shop. Around 8 mins a DEA agent's voice is heard. And indeed, a remarkable familiair voice!

I have been watching BCS from the beginning with short links to BB in mind: e.g. a beige jacket on a hallstand, a beige Pontiac Aztek pulling away from traffic lights (we're not sure how far back the BCS story goes) etc. Nothing! And now I've overlooked the DEA connection...

Apart from that, there's a whole lot of Easter Eggs... https://www.yahoo.com/tv/better-call...130019558.html

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    I'm certain there will be a fourth season. Bear in mind it's a Netflix exclusive and they are not the only game in town any longer so that has to have a minor impact I'd guess. Plus there will probably be the "binge watchers" who wait until the end of the series to watch it in a couple of big chunks.

I know what you're saying though. It feels like they might find a way to bring it to conclusion sooner rather than later.
    BT have just taken on BCS. I'm certain it will continue.

Master
    Love this series, always eagerly awaiting for it to post a new episode on netflix.

Master
    Well, that finale came around a bit quick but worth waiting for!

No sign of Mike, which was disappointing, but the storyline with Chuck was done to perfection.