closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zentith Specail Pilot's watch

Zentith Specail Pilot's watch

Just got this in a Zenith Special manufactured in 1930. Have read the German and Czech air force used them in the 1930's and during WW2. So thought here would be the best place to post it.

When you remove the metal case cover there is a glass cover over the 15 jewel with reverse snail cam regulator movement. The case is 41mm with 22mm wire lugs that curve. This is were all the modern Zenith Pilot watches get there DNA from.

Been experimenting on straps think I like the gunny leather NATO better.
    Last edited by River Rat; 9th June 2017 at 23:14.

Some info from the net. I have ordered a archive letter from Zenith to find out more info on this watch should get that info with in 30 days ill post about that when I receive it.
    http://ninanet.net/watches/others10/...zenithmil.html

http://www.zenith-watches.com/en_en/.../louis-bleriot

That look's immaculate.soft spot for zenith.where did you buy it out of interest

Sent from my E6653 using TZ-UK mobile app

I like that
    I have been looking at these or the Helvetia versions for a bit. The latter being a bit of a mine field.
    Vintage style and quality in a more modern sized case, what's not to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I like that
    I have been looking at these or the Helvetia versions for a bit. The latter being a bit of a mine field.
    Vintage style and quality in a more modern sized case, what's not to like.
    Your right about the Helvetia ones on ebay beat to hell I was looking at those first. I remembered a site I had book marked of a collector who had his collection on line were he all ways has a few marked for sell in the Czech Republic lucky his site had a mark you hit for English. So relooked less for sell and the ones for sell prices were a little higher. Saw this Zenith for a few hundred more that the junk Helvetia on fleabay after I did the money conversion then looked at a few Zenith on line knew it was the real deal. So used google translator and replied I am interested in it and he offered it to me for sell but bank wire. Did know some one who did a face to face deal with him on vacation in the Czech Republic so knew it was a safe deal. I think these are more rare than the Helvetia model. But I was sweeting until it got to my post office only second bank wire I did for my watch addiction. This seller has only one other Zenith left one with Czech issue marks he wants a lot more for it so went for one that I could afford but still a deal.
    Last edited by River Rat; 10th June 2017 at 13:18.

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    Your right about the Helvetia ones on ebay beat to hell I was looking at those first. I remembered a site I had book marked of a collector who had his collection on line were he all ways has a few marked for sell in the Czech Republic lucky his site had a mark you hit for English. So relooked less for sell and the ones for sell prices were a little higher. Saw this Zenith for a few hundred more that the junk Helvetia on fleabay after I did the money conversion then looked at a few Zenith on line knew it was the real deal. So used google translator and replied I am interested in it and he offered it to me for sell but bank wire. Did know some one who did a face to face deal with him on vacation in the Czech Republic so knew it was a safe deal. I think these are more rare than the Helvetia model. But I was sweeting until it got to my post office only second bank wire I did for my watch addiction. This seller has only one other Zenith left one with Czech issue marks he wants a lot more for it so went for one that I could afford but still a deal.
    I have sent you a PM re seller I hope that's ok? I might be interested in the other watch he has for sale.

John sent you a PM I notice when I looked at sent PM there was nothing there let me know if you got it.

Had some time to take some better photo's I think with age my photo's are not as good as they use to be.

The case back a little wear but all the chrome is there.

Case side view still in great shape and with original beveled glass crystal

A few better movement shots and you can see the glass see through back these are known for I guess you can call this the first see through back with glass cover.

Master
    I really like this. The regulator is interesting.

Here is some info I got from Zenith about my watch.

New Leather NATO for it.

A few more photo's since photobucket holding them hostage.

That's a nice touch. Shame they couldn't tell you who it was originally sold to or if in fact it was issued.
    Nice to have the info all the same though.

I did send a email asking for that after Zenith sent the info will see but maybe some of there records are sketchy . Longines and Omega do keep records of country it was sold and possible military use.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    Here is some info I got from Zenith about my watch.

New Leather NATO for it.

A few more photo's since photobucket holding them hostage.
    I have never seen a crown like that! Is this what they call onion crown?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

A little late but your right a onion crown. And some have ask if it digs into the wrist and it don't.