closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling B1 .. value?

Breitling B1 .. value?

..another what's it worth please, sorry!!

It's a 2009 grey face superquartz.

http://bit.ly/2sbpf9k

Travel case tatty, as you can see, but otherwise in decent nick.

Ideas ?!?!? eBay is awash with paperless wonders but they mostly have the fighter bracelet which mine doesn't. Pretty sure the depoly buckle on the leather strap is snidey by the way, and neither leather strap are OEM.

Thanks!

Apprentice
    Here is an idea - I see you are trying to by pass SC. Try the many dealers - watches.co.uk, watchfinder etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wholeinone View Post
    Here is an idea - I see you are trying to by pass SC. Try the many dealers - watches.co.uk, watchfinder etc.
    I'm not bypassing anyone .. I've just bought on here and have 2 to move along privately elsewhere (as I'm not SC worthy yet). The dealers offer rock bottom (at best) or stupid fees to sell so trying to make sure I don't get my pants pulled down.

Cheers,
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by monty77 View Post
    ..another what's it worth please, sorry!!

It's a 2009 grey face superquartz.

http://bit.ly/2sbpf9k

Travel case tatty, as you can see, but otherwise in decent nick.

Ideas ?!?!? eBay is awash with paperless wonders but they mostly have the fighter bracelet which mine doesn't. Pretty sure the depoly buckle on the leather strap is snidey by the way, and neither leather strap are OEM.

Thanks!
    Use the search function. Loads will have sold on here. Also benchmark prices on Chrono24. If that comes up blank then try another stealth sales post? You've only got 50 more posts anyway so you'd be able to list it properly without annoying the forum polizei. And if you give Tiny or Cygnus your account for an hour, they'd have you there by tea time :-D
    Last edited by fordy964; 9th June 2017 at 16:58.

Quote Originally Posted by fordy964 View Post
    Use the search function. Loads will have sold on here. Also benchmark prices on Chrono24. If that comes up blank then try another stealth sales post? You've only got 50 more posts anyway so you'd be able to list it properly without annoying the forum polizei. And if you give Tiny or Cygnus your account for an hour, they'd have you there by tea time :-D
    Tough crowd, what happened to the Friday feeling? :-)

Chrono prices are 'optimistic' to say the least, 3 sales this year in SC, none without the bracelet - so it's a little hard to price, hence seeking expertise.

Usually people come on threads like these and shoot the sh*t out of your pride and joy and tell you it's worth £5, can I at least have some of that please?

Cheers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by monty77 View Post
    Tough crowd, what happened to the Friday feeling? :-)

Chrono prices are 'optimistic' to say the least, 3 sales this year in SC, none without the bracelet - so it's a little hard to price, hence seeking expertise.

Usually people come on threads like these and shoot the sh*t out of your pride and joy and tell you it's worth £5, can I at least have some of that please?

Cheers :-)
    Pfft worth a bag of skips as will need a service after being dragged the funk along that woolly floor...I've got an opened pack of nachos for trade plus cash my obvs.

Happy Friday :)

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Pfft worth a bag of skips as will need a service after being dragged the funk along that woolly floor...I've got an opened pack of nachos for trade plus cash my obvs.

Happy Friday :)
    A quite like these B1's so I'll raise you half a large bag of salt and vinegar Kettle Chips.

MUCH better, thank you all, normal service resumed :-)

Apprentice
    £800 - depends if it's been recently serviced. If not knock off £500

Deary Deary me. If you are trying to get your count up at least make a bit of an effort

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post
    Deary Deary me. If you are trying to get your count up at least make a bit of an effort
    Well. I have less than 10 posts so hardly speed posting. On topic - a head only B-1 is probably around the £800 mark, maybe £1K. If it needs a service then deduct that from the price. Just saying. Breitling service charges are posted on their website.

Master
    Hey! What do you mean! Oops! One more.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post
    Its hard work. This post count thing.

Normally folk introduce themselves before pi$$ing on others chips...

A quite like these B1's so I'll raise you half a large bag of salt and vinegar Kettle Chips.
    Damn there's always some Charlie Big Potatoes that can throw that sort of bid in, bet you've got a pack of Rolos in the safe with red writing and the original newsagent price ticket on it and keeping the last one for yourself!

You heard him OP ^ So do we have a deal at £300?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Damn there's always some Charlie Big Potatoes that can throw that sort of bid in, bet you've got a pack of Rolos in the safe with red writing and the original newsagent price ticket on it and keeping the last one for yourself!
    No Rolo's yet but I do have an all original vintage Marathon AND a vintage Topic, both about TZ 85%, waiting in the wings. I'm reserving those for the big one though.

'thanks' to all for the offers, tempting as they are I sold elsewhere at the weekend for £925 which I was happy with. Now everyone can come in and tell me I was robbed :-)

Cheers!
    Adam

Those pictures reminded me how good the case back of the B-1 is.

Well. I have less than 10 posts so hardly speed posting. On topic - a head only B-1 is probably around the £800 mark, maybe £1K. If it needs a service then deduct that from the price. Just saying. Breitling service charges are posted on their website.
    £800-900 doesn't sound unreasonable for a head-only B-1 to me.

I certainly don't believe the lack of a recent service would render it worth only 300, but if anyone wants to send me a working B-1 without a recent service for that, I have cash waiting!

M

Thanks all .. for future information I sold it for £925 in the end, sold very quickly so perhaps my asking price was on the keener side.

Cheers,
    Adam