closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Johnny Walker Blue label?

Quote Originally Posted by James_Poole View Post
    Haha... good point... it certainly is! Made from a blend of single malts, lots of these around.
    Sorry. I was being grumpy. It's not a "blended" whisky, but of course, it is a blend of different casks / ages like (as you say) so many others. The irresistible rise of NAS whisky, perhaps. Although I hear that at least one distillery might actually be reverting to age statements...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by James_Poole View Post
    Both are excellent, I always have a bottle of Quarter Cask in the house...

I currently have a bottle of Laphroaig Lore which is exceptional.

For the blends... I've tried the Blue Johnny Walker, nice flavour and very very smooth but not exceptional and not worth the money.

Whisky from elsewhere... the Swedish Mackmyra distillery make some very good whisky, I have the Vinterdröm which spends some time in a rum cask, delicious!
    I can also vouch for the Mackmyra, the Japanese Hibiki is also good. I'm currently going through a bottle of Cardhu Gold Reserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    I've been a fan of Monkey Shlulder for a while and I agree, it's an "easy" drink. Blue Label for me was underwhelming. The mystique that surrounded it made me imagine it would be like nectar from the gods but in reality it was just another blended whisky.

For reference, my current favourites are Hibiiki and Yamazaki from Japan and Balvennie from my home country.
    Another thumbs up for Yamazaki and Hibiki! Balvennie doublewood is really nice too!