closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTC 2017

SOTC 2017

Ok it's been almost 12 month since I did a very humble SOTC and knew my collection was tiny and not yet where I wanted it to be. Roll on 12 month and I'm where I wanted to be but now with a bigger wish list! This year I have managed to buy the 3 watches I wanted from last years SOTC and love them to bits. Where next? No idea!

Anyway here we go (apologies for picture quality!)

Some not so often worn but very sentimental watches

And lastly!

Ok so now a bit more on some of the watches starting with my latest additions

My first Sub

This hold a very dear place in my heart and has virtually never been off the wrist since I got it. Swapped it off bracelet onto an Everest rubber strap and wow it's super comfy and a definite keeper.

SMP 2254

My first grail watch! Wanted one for ages and never bought. Always something got in the way. And yep now I got one and love it but! It's now gaining silly amounts of time! So off for a service it goes! But a certain keeper and one that will be worn regularly!

Aerospace

One that was on my list to try last year and was in the end an impulse buy but one I won't regret gets a lot of wrist time and is to me an almost perfect grab and go watch great for the everyday!

SMP 2221.80

My first diver and first 'expensive' (to me) all be it a quartz I truly love it I know they can be looked down on my some on here but now it holds a special place in my heart as due to my bad memory caused by stress may I add! Ended up being the watch I wore to my wedding! (Was meant to be the dress omega but I left that in UK by accident!). As the collection has expanded this is sadly not getting the wrist time it once did. But due to the memories will never leave me.

My grandads war watch

A very small watch by today's designs and due to the size not one worn a great deal but for years as I grew up I was fascinated by my grandads war stories and this was the watch he showed me all the time it wasn't working and was in a poor condition but he promised once he left us it would be mine. It took me nearly 20 years after his death to get this to a working watch and I owe a massive amount of thanks to a member of this forum for getting this working. This will be my sons watch one day and I hope will stay in the family for many more years!

Seiko SRP231

A watch I want to love but can't. Maybe it's a touch too heavy or I can't find a strap I truly love for this one. But a great watch gets some holiday usage but one I will move on unless I find the perfect strap....

Ok guys there are others I have not touched on this year but I would be repeating from last year so I won't babble any more!

As for the future? I honestly don't know. I now own both my grails that got me into watches and this forum (sub and 2254) I have no idea where my collection will go from here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Very nice !!!

Nice collection that. You've got your divers covered! Where to go from here? Maybe think about diversification in terms of types and colours?

How about a Speedmaster Pro? That would slot in very well here. Or a classic Navitimer.

A polar Explorer II might make a nice counterpoint to the Sub too bringing a bit of colour variety.

For a versatile beater to replace the Monster you don't love maybe something simple like a Sinn 556 on rubber since you appreciate that on your Sub? Another Seiko like a Pepsi Turtle?

Just a few ideas anyway.

Try the Seiko on a black ISOfrane.

Nice collection - some of the suggestions in the post above would certainly work well.

Simon

Craftsman
    Very nice. My type of collection! I particularly like the Aerospace and the SMP 2254.

Quote Originally Posted by fordy964 View Post
    Nice collection that. You've got your divers covered! Where to go from here? Maybe think about diversification in terms of types and colours?

How about a Speedmaster Pro? That would slot in very well here. Or a classic Navitimer.

A polar Explorer II might make a nice counterpoint to the Sub too bringing a bit of colour variety.

For a versatile beater to replace the Monster you don't love maybe something simple like a Sinn 556 on rubber since you appreciate that on your Sub? Another Seiko like a Pepsi Turtle?

Just a few ideas anyway.
    Thank you. I think you may of set something off with the Navitimer I like the look of them. But a bit worried on the size maybe!

Just an update to this. My Collection has now reached a place where I am comfortable to say it's going to be (hopefully) one in one out. I picked up 3 more pieces recently both unexpected to a point to now they seem to have completed the collection and I feel with my current lifestyle I have all bases covered!

So

I have added a dressier option that I have had my eyes o for a while bought off the forum here and love it! Amazing watch at a low price!

Then followed a totally impulsive purchase (me really? Impulsive! ) seems to divide people on here but for me what I saw in it and for the price it was a no brainer I thought a hole in the collection was a GMT and also a true holiday watch. After seeing this if covered both bases. So a clear and easy impulse buy didn't like the bracelet for that has been removed and as a holiday/summer watch it's on a NATO. STEINHART Ocean Titanium 500 GMT Premium

Also spends time on

Then finally to complete the collection! My first and probably only new AD purchase and again love it! Not sure what made me punt for this other than maybe it's a classic design... still hunting for the right strap for this as I hate the bracelet. But got a few options to try!

Also just bought a rally strap off Pav on here so will be putting it on that to try soon!

So that's that the collection I feel is stable now and I know where I am with it. I have my personal favourites with 2254 getting the most wrist time along with the Sub that has a sentimental attachment. Of the collection I think the Aerospace is the most likely to be moved on. As it get the least wrist time of the main collection.

Would love your thoughts guys.