closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Honestly am I dreaming - New Seadweller

Master

Honestly am I dreaming - New Seadweller

SO ive got the RG yachtmastrer and a BLNR and both are lovely pieces but due to my chunky wrists 8.5" Im longing to get the new seadweller as I think itll be perfect for me and Im even contemplating shifting my other pieces and going down to one piece that does everything and putting some £££ in the bank at the same time.

However the greymarket are asking silly money and as I dont have any credit with AD's I seriously doubt ill get a call anytime soon and am keen to hear peoples thoughts as to if I|ll ever get a call or see one in the flesh.

Thanks in advance

Master
    None of us can predict the future, but I would sit tight and enjoy the fabulous watches you have. I think there is a very good chance you will be able to make the change for a lot less money in a year or so's time if you still wish to.

HM

Master
    HM knows more than me but I think this is one watch that you will be able to buy at RRP within the next 12 months with plenty of supply. Two of my friends have already bought at RRP without too much difficulty.

Have you considered the 216570 Explorer II? It's a perfect fit for my flat 200 mm wrist, and I find myself wearing it more often than my other modern Rolex options. Could be worth a try while waiting for a 126600 to show up at a sensible price, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    None of us can predict the future, but I would sit tight and enjoy the fabulous watches you have. I think there is a very good chance you will be able to make the change for a lot less money in a year or so's time if you still wish to.

HM
    Sensible strategy- if you have patience to wait for a year.
    I also believe SD43 premiums are not going to sustain, even though I love the watch.

Master
    Looks like a long wait is ahead, thanks for the feedback

Craftsman
    I feel for you, I was thinking exactly the same. Wait it out and enjoy what you have for now. That's what I'm doing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I'm sitting it out too. Purchased a few watches from my AD and appear to be about 6th on list and put my name down several days after release. He's had a few already

Apprentice
    Well I'm also waiting... 13th on list when it launched, was a bit slow in getting my name down by a couple of days while I thought about it. I am being given no indication when they'll have one just that it will be "some time" before my name comes up...

Craftsman
    Wait... wait...and wait.
    You have already a nice colection.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    The last two iterations of the SD have been (comparatively) small sellers. I don't think there's anything about a shift to 43mm, the addition of a cyclops and a price of £8350 that's going to change that any time soon, once the usual madness subsides.

Journeyman
    I would never ever pay over list for any watch at the end of the day. I would much rather wait and see what happens, this way you have nothing to loose.

Master
    I just dun think a 43mm watch will sustain such premiums. They are in demand yes but the pool is much much smaller. Compared to say a Daytona that even women want to buy as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
    I would never ever pay over list for any watch at the end of the day. I would much rather wait and see what happens, this way you have nothing to loose.
    Me too. I just feel like it's admitting defeat in this hobby haha Btw not trashing anyone who does it's just my own opinion! I know people hVe their reasons to pay above retail!

Journeyman
    [QUOTE=kaiserphoenix;4371934]I just dun think a 43mm watch will sustain such premiums. They are in demand yes but the pool is much much smaller. Compared to say a Daytona that even women want to buy as well.

My Thoughts exactly while its a lovely watch, its not a watch my wife would want to occasionally wear. On the other hand my wife does love the Daytona and wears one regularly, she even finds the Ceramic Sub a bit of a lump.

Master
    From memory, the original DSSD commanded a premium in the early days after launch. (Anyone else remember?) Then it fell out of favour and they were/are readily available at a discount.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    From memory, the original DSSD commanded a premium in the early days after launch. (Anyone else remember?) Then it fell out of favour and they were/are readily available at a discount.
    Really? Where exactly?

There never was a premium or waiting lists for DSSD.
    Nor did it ever fall out of favor.
    SeaDwellers have always been a niche market compared to Submariners. And consequently never big sellers.
    SD43 is somewhat different even if I do agree with the general sentiment that demand/supply mismatch is not going to last very long.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    There never was a premium or waiting lists for DSSD.

I don't know what prices were actually paid but there is no question whatsoever that premiums were sought.

For example:

http://www.newturfers.com/bin/mwf/to...w.pl?tid=48680

By murphy77 Date 2008-09-17 13:09
    Sold mine a BNIB from the weekend at £6000.00
    Still 1250 above list tho :-)

http://www.newturfers.com/bin/mwf/to...w.pl?tid=48707
    By Briano Date 2008-09-11 09:26
    I see watchfinder.co.uk have a DSD for sale...

............................for £10,000
    [Think the RRP was about £5k at launch]

http://www.newturfers.com/bin/mwf/to...w.pl?tid=48592
    By walds11 Date 2008-09-02 07:39
    Saw the one in the second link, which is bsed in the US. $17,500 is crazy!!! There is a sucker born everyday. Or someone who can't wait. LOL!!!

http://www.newturfers.com/bin/mwf/to...w.pl?tid=48378
    By Darren E Date 2008-08-11 18:43
    Well there's one for sale already at $15,500 US right now on another well known forum..........

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Nor did it ever fall out of favor.

http://www.newturfers.com/bin/mwf/to...w.pl?tid=48680
    " Deepsea prices are sinking... "

http://www.newturfers.com/vb/forum/m...dial-june-2016

3 month old one (description suggesting as new) sold last October for £6,850 (said to be 15% off the then list price).
    Last edited by David_D; 3rd June 2017 at 15:55.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    Really? Where exactly?
    This is an example:

http://www.newturfers.com/vb/forum/m...dial-june-2016

3 month old one (description suggesting as new) sold last October for £6,850 (said to be 15% off the then list price).

If Watchfinder are selling below list (and they have none above list), I think it's safe to assume you could source one privately for even less.

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Rolex/D...466/item/89291

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    SO ive got the RG yachtmastrer and a BLNR and both are lovely pieces but due to my chunky wrists 8.5" Im longing to get the new seadweller as I think itll be perfect for me and Im even contemplating shifting my other pieces and going down to one piece that does everything and putting some £££ in the bank at the same time.

However the greymarket are asking silly money and as I dont have any credit with AD's I seriously doubt ill get a call anytime soon and am keen to hear peoples thoughts as to if I|ll ever get a call or see one in the flesh.

Thanks in advance
    Yes. There appears to be uniformity in views. You have 2 lovely pieces already. Wait it out for sure. I guess it also depends how much money you want in the bank in the end too. Paying silly money now is pointless unless impatience is strong !!!

Master
    Still waiting and just missed one in SC :(

No history with Ads as all my purchases have been via here alas I fear its not going to happen

Master
    This is correct, I got a decent discount on the one I bought new a year or so after launch.

*Edit to say I paid £4750. for mine new from a UK AD in November 2009.
    Last edited by Gunscrossed; 23rd June 2017 at 10:47.

Master

No history with Ads as all my purchases have been via here alas I fear its not going to happen
    I also saw that one in SC and missed it. However I noticed that one on chrono 24 has just been slashed in price, so that may be a good sign. Here's hoping anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I get the feeling buyers will start flaking from waiting lists in 12 months time, it's a big watch (and quite expensive) and unless you want it for the safe it won't suit everyone.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunscrossed View Post
    I get the feeling buyers will start flaking from waiting lists in 12 months time, it's a big watch (and quite expensive) and unless you want it for the safe it won't suit everyone.
    think I`m going to withdraw from list. Have a deepsea deepblue that`s just arrived. I think that`s more special

Master
    Ive got my name down on one AD local (21st despite calling on the day of release) Ive been pointed to some independents via Haywood who has been a great help in giving me some intros as below

Charles Fox, CHJ Moddys, G Hewitt & sons and David Robinson all very nice and helpfull but either have a long list or not adding to the list, I asked while in Puerto Banus and Vegas while on holiday recently with no joy and called in at Fraser Hart at Brent Cross who almost laughed me out of the shop last week, when I asked they suggested if I didnt have credit with them they wouldnt entertain it and a similar story along Bond street when I enquired internally they looked at me as if I was asking for the lottery numbers for this weekend.

I genuinely want it for me and my chunky wrists but feel like Im dreaming especially with the demand for them and the opportunity to make money its hardly surprising really but so frustrating
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 23rd June 2017 at 11:39.

Craftsman

Same :(, but I do have history.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post

HM
    SO, here is what I think- HM is on the money. Just wait. It should become relatively easy to get those once the initial fervor has died down.

Master
    I hop your right

Master

Honestly am I dreaming - New Seadweller

Patience is a virtue and I have none so after waiting a couple of months and not getting any closer I narrowly missed out on one on SC so when the chance arose to get one new boxed via a contact all be it £1000 over list I bit the bullet, the cost is iirrelevant as I love it and my chances of sourcing one via the appropriate channels seemed impossible.

I have to say I'm delighted with it and it will probably make my blnr redundant and will become my daily wearer

It feels substantial on the wrist and sits perfectly on my 8.5 wrists to say I'm pleased is an understatement

Last edited by R0bertb00th; 26th September 2017 at 12:51.

That's a perfect fit — nice! Great watch for sure if you have the wrist for it.

Master
    Looks great on you, and if we get a price rise then the extra you paid will have been incidental.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    I just dun think a 43mm watch will sustain such premiums. They are in demand yes but the pool is much much smaller. Compared to say a Daytona that even women want to buy as well.

Yes I agree, much to my surprise my wife wears my Zenith Daytona a lot more than me and if it was not for this, I would have put it up for sale quite a while ago.

I have mixed feelings about the the SD43, it's a lovely watch and a lot of people want it and are prepared to pay over the odds and so far demand exceeds supply and this may well continue to be the case - who knows ?

Craftsman
    Very nice.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    The more I read, the more I'm convinced that the current inflated prices have a short future. I hope so anyway....

Master
    Many thanks for the feedback - if it goers up or down in price is secondary to me as the reality is I had practically no chance of sourcing one via an AD with no previous relationships at an AD - so Im more than happy to pay the premium as opposed to waiting around for something that I probably wouldnt ever own otherwise