closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Petek 5135g vs 5110j

Journeyman

Petek 5135g vs 5110j

I am seriously considering the purchase of a patek world time 5135g or 5110j, which would be a better buy in terms of long term resale I actually like both but have to make a choice obviously the resale value is not the major concern when buying a watch but just interesting to see what other think about the two models.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I would imagine the former will tank.

Craftsman
    The 5135 already looks dated. If you are thinking about either holding onto it for the long term, or for resale, then my choice would be 5110. Classic shape that will never date, and in the event you need to sell it on will be a lot easier to shift.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by stelmo01 View Post
    The 5135 already looks dated. If you are thinking about either holding onto it for the long term, or for resale, then my choice would be 5110. Classic shape that will never date, and in the event you need to sell it on will be a lot easier to shift.
    Does make a great deal of sense, I do like the slightly bigger 5135 but your points are valid

Master
    Is the 5135 a world time or an annual calendar?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    world time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post

Looks like it is annual calender - gondolo shaped - on many famous sale sites. E.g.

http://www.chrono24.co.uk/patekphili...-id6154322.htm

Craftsman
    5135- Annual Calendar
    5110- World Time
    Personally I'd go for the 5110, in fact I quite fancy trying the 5110p.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think the best way to gauge residuals on Pateks is to search on Chrono 24 as an example for the model your require and compare that price to Patek catalog price.

Quote Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
    I am seriously considering the purchase of a patek world time 5135g or 5110j, which would be a better buy in terms of long term resale I actually like both but have to make a choice obviously the resale value is not the major concern when buying a watch but just interesting to see what other think about the two models.

Perhaps you meant Petek's 5130 instead of the 5135?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Belligero View Post
    Or 5134- travel time.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Belligero View Post
    so silly of me I meant 5130G white gold world time.
    Last edited by cygnus; 30th May 2017 at 22:48.

Craftsman
    so silly of me I meant 5130G white gold world time.
    I would opt for the 5110, I prefer the smaller size and you should be able to pick it up for a good price.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinch View Post
    I would opt for the 5110, I prefer the smaller size and you should be able to pick it up for a good price.
    The only one I can find is £18500 for the yellow gold version, is this a fair price. The 5130 is much more

Craftsman
    I was looking at a white gold version for the same price (18.5k), yellow gold tends to be a little less so you may be able to negotiate. 5130 will be 20+. The 5110 is a popular model, the case size, the style of the guilloche dial and the hands being the main factors. I can imagine the current prices of the 5130 will drop further with the introduction of the new Worldtime, 5230.
    I still keep meaning to try a 5110p but that's another 10k over the 5110g,

Journeyman
    I was looking at a white gold version for the same price (18.5k), yellow gold tends to be a little less so you may be able to negotiate. 5130 will be 20+. The 5110 is a popular model, the case size, the style of the guilloche dial and the hands being the main factors. I can imagine the current prices of the 5130 will drop further with the introduction of the new Worldtime, 5230.
    I still keep meaning to try a 5110p but that's another 10k over the 5110g,
    The dealer with the 5110j does not wish to move on price, Watches.co.uk has a 5130 in rose gold for £28895 a bit steep. 18.5k for a white gold 5110 seems good. Generally does rose gold hold more than white gold s/h?

Craftsman
    Yellow Gold is usually the cheapest, white and rose on par and then platinum at the top.
    Watchfinder have a white gold 5110, I think they may also have Yellow. The 5110g I tried was at the Watchcentre, I'm not sure if they still have it.

Journeyman
    Yellow Gold is usually the cheapest, white and rose on par and then platinum at the top.
    Watchfinder have a white gold 5110, I think they may also have Yellow. The 5110g I tried was at the Watchcentre, I'm not sure if they still have it.
    Thanks very helpful, I will check Watchfinder always nervous buying from them don't have good experiences, and every time I have tried to buy a watch from Watchcentre something missing generally no paperwork. Maybe just my luck on the models I have been interested in.

I might have a look at the 5130 at watches.co.uk, is 28995 pricey? I find they are generally expensive but there stock to be in very good if not mint condition and very nice to deal with as always hard buying used.

Craftsman
    Thanks very helpful, I will check Watchfinder always nervous buying from them don't have good experiences, and every time I have tried to buy a watch from Watchcentre something missing generally no paperwork. Maybe just my luck on the models I have been interested in.

I might have a look at the 5130 at watches.co.uk, is 28995 pricey? I find they are generally expensive but there stock to be in very good if not mint condition and very nice to deal with as always hard buying used.
    I agree I have bought twice from WF, first time was good, second no so much. The Watchcentre are better but I have also viewed some watches there which haven't been in the condition described. I haven't had any dealings with Watches.co.uk in person but been in contact regarding part ex, they weren't offering great prices for me. That 5130 does seem pricey, I would have thought that was what it sold for originally. A Collected Man have just got a 5110G in and it's now on their website, check that out.

Journeyman
    I agree I have bought twice from WF, first time was good, second no so much. The Watchcentre are better but I have also viewed some watches there which haven't been in the condition described. I haven't had any dealings with Watches.co.uk in person but been in contact regarding part ex, they weren't offering great prices for me. That 5130 does seem pricey, I would have thought that was what it sold for originally. A Collected Man have just got a 5110G in and it's now on their website, check that out.
    Just checked WF, THE 5110 has no box and papers so thats out, Watchcentre no box prefer a box but could live with it just about. Watches.co.uk have always been super fussy when I have sold them watches does give me some confidence in there buying criteria but they are not cheap. Who is A Collected Man?

Craftsman
    Just checked WF, THE 5110 has no box and papers so thats out, Watchcentre no box prefer a box but could live with it just about. Watches.co.uk have always been super fussy when I have sold them watches does give me some confidence in there buying criteria but they are not cheap. Who is A Collected Man?
    https://www.acollectedman.com/collec...001-white-gold

Malcolm Gillan is involved with A Collected Man, I've bought from him in the past, all good.
    I notice there is no box but original papers, it has also just been serviced but doesn't say whether this was done by Patek.

Journeyman
    https://www.acollectedman.com/collec...001-white-gold

Malcolm Gillan is involved with A Collected Man, I've bought from him in the past, all good.
    I notice there is no box but original papers, it has also just been serviced but doesn't say whether this was done by Patek.
    Thanks again, will contact them sounds interesting like there descriptions they seem to have lovely stock. They have a JLC duometre always fancied a rose gold example but I know they don't do so well on residuals but maybe one day soon I will give in.

Craftsman
    Thanks again, will contact them sounds interesting like there descriptions they seem to have lovely stock. They have a JLC duometre always fancied a rose gold example but I know they don't do so well on residuals but maybe one day soon I will give in.
    Good stuff, let us know how you get on

Journeyman
    Good stuff, let us know how you get on
    I have a little update I have just been offered a white gold 5130g full box and papers 2008 last serviced by patek 2016 oct in mint condition. Priced at £21500 whats your thoughts should I buy it? or is £18500 for a 5110 still better, from what I can see £21500 seems good value if one can call it that.

Craftsman
    Seems like a good deal, particularly since it's been serviced. Personally I would still opt for the 5110 but it's because I prefer that reference and would be a better size for me. Try them both on if you can.

Journeyman
    Seems like a good deal, particularly since it's been serviced. Personally I would still opt for the 5110 but it's because I prefer that reference and would be a better size for me. Try them both on if you can.
    Thanks will arrange to view them both I generally favour larger watches so might be a bit biased to the 5130 but I do like the 5110 a lot.

Blog Entries
    Do keep us updated! I've always had a soft spot for the Wordtime from Patek, especially the enamel faced ones. But the only way that's happening for me is if I sell my annual calendar 5146J which ain't happening.

Craftsman
    Thanks will arrange to view them both I generally favour larger watches so might be a bit biased to the 5130 but I do like the 5110 a lot.
    Sounds like the 5130 maybe the one for you but when spending that much it's always best trying on all the options.

Journeyman
    Sounds like the 5130 maybe the one for you but when spending that much it's always best trying on all the options.
    I am going to go with the 5130G , managed to try both the larger watch is more to my liking. I also tried the rose gold version but have concluded I prefer the understated route generally. At the end of the day both are lovely and not much in it I concluded it comes down to which size you prefer. I am buying the 5130G from a AD and that also helped make the decision as the price was fair and had been serviced 2016 oct all helps.
    Last edited by cygnus; 3rd June 2017 at 10:07.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Do keep us updated! I've always had a soft spot for the Wordtime from Patek, especially the enamel faced ones. But the only way that's happening for me is if I sell my annual calendar 5146J which ain't happening.
    I own a 5146G lovely watch, I agree best hanging on to it.

Craftsman
    I am going to go with the 5130G managed to try both the larger watch is more to my liking, I also tried the rose gold version but have concluded I prefer the understated route generally.
    Excellent, you'd always wonder if you'd made the right decision if you hadn't actually tried them both. It will go well with your 5146, great watch, I used to have one too.

Journeyman
    Excellent, you'd always wonder if you'd made the right decision if you hadn't actually tried them both. It will go well with your 5146, great watch, I used to have one too.
    Thanks for the advice always makes sense to try all options, these days I try and hang on to all my watches as I generally regret selling them especially when prices go up.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the advice always makes sense to try all options, these days I try and hang on to all my watches as I generally regret selling them especially when prices go up.
    That's my current view. I pick up my next acquisition next week and then no more buying or selling for me.

Journeyman
    That's my current view. I pick up my next acquisition next week and then no more buying or selling for me.
    I bet its something tasty

Craftsman
    I bet its something tasty
    It is! And it's Patek. Hopefully incoming photo next week.

Journeyman
    It is! And it's Patek. Hopefully incoming photo next week.
    Look forward to it