closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: For the Rolex fan who has everything

Master
    Blog Entries

For the Rolex fan who has everything

Look out...you may become redundant:

It sounds more like a Seiko Kinetic than a Rolex.

It's such a blindingly obvious solution that I'm surprised it hasn't been thought of before.

I like the idea of the turbine in an artery to provide power too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    It sounds more like a Seiko Kinetic than a Rolex.

It's such a blindingly obvious solution that I'm surprised it hasn't been thought of before.

I like the idea of the turbine in an artery to provide power too!
    The Seiko Brugada...?

Very Interesting!
    Yes I too am surprised that no ones previously thought of a self powered mechanism. I would think just the fact that a battery is present increases risks e.g. Of electro magnetic interference etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long lasting battery, or regular service work??
    It's just a matter of time...

Seems a bit daft converting potential energy, stored briefly as mechanical energy to be reconverted to electrical energy. Why not potential to stored electrical energy directly = Seiko Kinetic? Or is it just cos it's not Swiss?

Imagine having to have your implant serviced every 5 years by Rolex? Thats an additional 500 quids worth of servicing costs!

Quote Originally Posted by fordy964 View Post
    Seems a bit daft converting potential energy, stored briefly as mechanical energy to be reconverted to electrical energy. Why not potential to stored electrical energy directly = Seiko Kinetic? Or is it just cos it's not Swiss?

Imagine having to have your implant serviced every 5 years by Rolex? Thats an additional 500 quids worth of servicing costs!
    I don't think that any "reconversion" takes place. The input is mechanical, muscular muscular movement. That is converted into rotational, kinetic energy...thence to electrical energy that can be utilised or stored for use when required.

Swatch autoquartz..."combines the advantage of an automatic, battery-free movement with quartz precision and reliability. The kinetic energy generated by the oscillating weight in the Autoquartz is transformed into electricity. This is stored in a capacitor and monitored by a tiny electric circuit and quartz oscillator to produce the sort of precision typically associated with quartz. The capacitor holds enough power in reserve to keep the watch going for a full 100 days."

Just like the Seiko Kinetic: "has mastered the challenge of generating electricity from the kinetic movement of the wearer's wrist. This electricity is stored in a self-recharging battery that needs much less frequent replacement than the conventional cell battery in a quartz watch, a major advance in "green" watchmaking."