closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dweller face off

Master
    I'd be happy with any of them (wonder if I could sell the wife) but it would be the DSSD if I was lucky enough to have the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna1138 View Post
    116600 ceramic for me, do it you won't regret it
    Great shot!

The force is with me

I think the sd4000 for me everytime I see it I love the perfect watch.

Dweller face off

16600 for me too, I picked one up fresh from service last summer. Saw it, tried it on, negotiated a discount and bought it - I was only in town that morning to buy the paper and a coffee!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

With 116600 prices at £8k the 16600 has never looked more attractive. Roughly half the price and certainly not half the watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Further to my first post :

The prominence of the bezel pip on ceramic versions is an obvious design flaw and they are, as predicted, often found to be dented and chipped.

The ceramic bezels can be scratched, cracked or otherwise damaged, and where the old aluminium inserts were a £40 consumable fitted in minutes the new ones require a circa £1,000 service and weeks out of your hands.

The RRP is now comparable with a bicolour / diamond Datejust rather than a higher end steel Datejust.

These three factors further support my contention that the modern Sea-Dwellers have deserted the very tool watch status with which so many of us fell in love.

H
    +1 totally agree re: price but they have moved in price with the market.

Grand Master
    Further to my first post :

The prominence of the bezel pip on ceramic versions is an obvious design flaw and they are, as predicted, often found to be dented and chipped.

The ceramic bezels can be scratched, cracked or otherwise damaged, and where the old aluminium inserts were a £40 consumable fitted in minutes the new ones require a circa £1,000 service and weeks out of your hands.

The RRP is now comparable with a bicolour / diamond Datejust rather than a higher end steel Datejust.

These three factors further support my contention that the modern Sea-Dwellers have deserted the very tool watch status with which so many of us fell in love.

H
    I buy and sell hundreds per year and can’t say that this is an observation I have noted, to date I think I have seen 2 that are damaged but then again the watch was too so just put it down to hard wear and tear
    RIAC

Craftsman

Dweller face off

126600 vs 16660 matte

Both keepers , love them both . For practical reasons the red is currently getting all the wrist time. For me, it's size is perfect

1665 Rail - this day and every day

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    I buy and sell hundreds per year and can’t say that this is an observation I have noted, to date I think I have seen 2 that are damaged but then again the watch was too so just put it down to hard wear and tear
    #NorthernerLyf

Got the call this week and just picked up a clowndweller from the AD.
    Like it a lot. It's feels like a deepsea/sub hybrid rather than a direct descendant of previous dwellers.

Master
    Well done. How does it compare visually to your red Sub? In general, does it seem just a bit big? I've yet to see one so I'm curious.

Hey Peter, it's very different obviously, feels like about twice the volume on the wrist! Sized to my wrist it weighs 184g vs 118g for the 1680, so feels more obviously "there."
    Shiny bezel is the main departure from the grammar of the 1680 imo. Otherwise it basically looks like an oversized red sub!!