closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Turns out I've got a collection...

Craftsman

Turns out I've got a collection...

If 9 somewhat assorted watches counts as a collection....

L-R
    Casio from the mid 1990's. This was my Uni watch.
    Hamilton 972, lever set. Dialed Watson Bros, Diamond Hall, Calgary Came to me with a broken mainspring and no crystal. Now keeps excellent time (when I remember to wind it)
    Accutron 218. I stole the strap for the watch next to it, so need a new one. It had a flat battery, so it didn't matter at the time. Now its running again.
    A pair of My own watches. Go poke about in the Mods and Wreckers corner for more info.
    CWC G10 - Bought to complement my OM, on the days I wanted a more discreet watch, when I only had the OM as a daily wear.
    Citizen Ecodrive Diver. My OM needed a service, and as I actually dive in my dive watches I wanted a spare, to use whilst I serviced my OM.
    Classic 1st Gen Orange Monster. What more to say. A dive watch that gets used for diving.
    My Fathers Seiko from the early 1970's. 7002 movement.

Dave

Master
    Looks like a collection to me :) I love the OM. I regret selling mine just because I loved handling it, quality and heft. Alas it didn't get worn because of my tiny wrists.

The fact that you've modded your own watches makes it more of a collection than mine imo.

Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    Looks like a collection to me :) I love the OM. I regret selling mine just because I loved handling it, quality and heft. Alas it didn't get worn because of my tiny wrists.

The fact that you've modded your own watches makes it more of a collection than mine imo.
    ^^this, I really admire people who get in about the guts of watches. I frankly wouldn't have the wotsits to try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    A nice, interesting, collection. It's good to see some modded watches, all part of the hobby in my opinion. Thanks for showing.

Can you share more about the pocket(?) watch 2nd from the left. Always liked the idea of having a pocket watch but really know next to nothing about them tbh

Craftsman
    The Pocket Watch is a Hamilton 972 lever set movement. 17 jewels, and beautifully decorated inside:

972 were 'Railroad' service approved, and were adjusted to 5 positions. Mine keeps excellent time.
    You can see the lever that is pulled to adjust the time by the number 1 on the dial. It is normally hidden under the bezel, so the time cannot be adjusted by accident.

With the bezel on:

The bezel screws on. This is not obvious at first glance, and someone prior to myself has had a determined go at opening the case with a case knife.

To wind is just a case of rotating the crown, as with any hand wind watch :)

Is a nice piece, and was very easy to service - big bits :)

Dave

Just makes me really want one. Don't think I would EVER use it. But I'd rather gaze at its innards than the cr4p on TV so might look at getting one just to admire 🤠

Craftsman
    At some point I think I'll make a perspex block to house the movement as a small desk clock.
    Think that would be very pleasing to the eye

Dave

that's a nice selection.

Interesting and different collection.