closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Networking and TV cable advice.....

Networking and TV cable advice.....

Hi folks

Just getting to the planning stage of the extension at home as the electrician will be turning up soon for 1st fix.

I am looking to install distributed TV using a matrix that will switch 4 sources over to 4 TVs. For that I will need to run Cat6 Cables from a cabinet to the TV's - No problem with that. I will also be installing cabling for hardwired internet and a few Wifi repeaters etc

Would I be wise to go for Cat7 or Cat7a or is Cat6 still acceptable (the matrix will work with Cat6 but looking to futureproof as much as possible)?

If Cat7 is the TZ-UK cable of choice - anyone have any good suppliers? Seems there are a number around and not all do Cat7 (and no reviews saying if that cable is great etc).

TIA
    Neil

I see no reason to bother with Cat 7; for your purposes 6 will be more than enough and you shouldn't under-estimate the size of the cables and the bend radius that will therefore be required. Given the latter, and particularly in a domestic location without dedicated trunking routes, I'd say you're making a rod for your own back.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    your electrician will tell you Cat6 is enough, he will also explain the hassle of trying to work with Cat7 is tight areas.

Cool - thanks chaps. Cat6 it is.

Any sources of decent Cat6 Cable anyone knows of? As I will be running at least 3 to each location, I may as well buy 3 reels to make running it easier (I plan to put them in when the electrician does his first fix).

Cheers