closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sub Forums (or threads) you never visit

Sub Forums (or threads) you never visit

No reason, just pondering forum things that have become invisible to me...

The Official Zeno Forum
    BMW
    Lost and Found
    Forum of the Banned
    Born's Gallery
    My Broadarrow Brand
    The Naked Abbott
    The TZ Chain (sounds lavatorial, I have never opened it)

Yours?

Born''s gallery has got to be as close to dead as is possible on an active forum.Zeno gets an honourable mention.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    I *try* to stay away from The Bear Pit these days as it has a definite nasty edge to it, but do occasionally go there but not very often now. Used to use it a lot but the constantly thinly veiled (and all too often open) nastiness from mature people got to me a bit. I give those people a very wide berth in my "real life" so started to wonder why I would involve myself with them on a forum! (I expect this will provoke a comment in The Draft Thread).

Otherwise I reckon I spend 85% in WT, 10% G&D and less than 5% SC - just an occasional browse.

Like you, there are certain random well established threads I never open simply because I think if the thread is already at 100 pages, there's little hope of getting involved (e.g. The TZUK Chain as you referenced - no disrespect to the OP of that thread - just never opened it).

There was a thread a couple of years ago on this same topic, except it was "which sub-fora do you spend most time on".

Master
    Oh, I meant to add, I navigate via the "new posts" link most of the time, and follow interesting looking threads from there. I rarely go directly to WT / G&D etc.

I just recently discovered that there is a Watch Talk sub-forum here. Very nice, but lacking dog pictures methinks.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

I really only visit Watch-Talk and the George and Dragon nowadays so lots of unvisited sub forums for me.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I just looked at what forums there actually are to check which ones I never look at and currently in terms of popularity of people viewing its WT/G+D/SC/Bear Pit

I rarely look at the Bear Pit but made the mistake of posting there earlier this week and wished I hadnt
    BMW I think i looked once
    But I am a regular visitor to the TZ Chain
    Pop into the Boy's Room once every Friday

Blog Entries
    WT and G&D for me…. Odd funny pic posted in the GHPT in Boys room

I started a sensible thread in the bear pit and got a lot of sensible answers suprisingly…. Which refreshing - I do rarely go in there

The draft thread is a puss filled wart on TZ's pretty nose…. Horrible thread…. Full of nasty, spiteful observations by people who should know better

I thought G&D was were people came to get their post count up, post a pic of the dog, tell people what film you watched last night (before you cancelled Sky) and then try and think of a song for the TZ chain.

I like dipping into the Timefactors and Military Watches threads, it feels like you walked into a private members club. Boys Room is were it all happens, Pits & Pelts and general humour etc. The bear pit is good for the draft thread and runner spotting and common gripes, but I do keep out of the Brexit and religious threads as they are an accident waiting to happen.

There are plenty of threads in the middle on the menu that I never get to see.

I didn't view SC for a few years when I'd had enough of watches.

Then I realised I needed more watches. So I logged in daily.

Such is the perverse nature of the WIS.

The Timefactors forum is great when Eddie is talking about a new design... its a real little hot bed, which I love adding to! Sadly its all been quiet on the western front in there recently on this respect.

If I'm thinking of moving a watch on, I keep an eye out on WTB for a little while... often a post in there is what can make a final decision for me. Moving on a watch to someone actively looking for it is a little reward on both sides of the deal!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

The draft thread is a puss filled wart on TZ's pretty nose…. Horrible thread…. Full of nasty, spiteful observations by people who should know better
    Never heard a better description, Wolfie.

If ever a thread deserved to die, it's that one.
    Last edited by ach5; 25th May 2017 at 16:46.

I don't really know what's in which sub-forum, as I just use the 'Unread' tab which shows unread posts from everywhere.

Any thread with errant apostrophes. Too painful to bump them back up into view.

(Quickly checks he didn't follow forum convention and name this one "Sub forum's (or thread's) you never visit"...)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Born''s gallery has got to be as close to dead as is possible on an active forum.Zeno gets an honourable mention.
    Good god! 4 years here I've never noticed the Born's gallery! My list in no particular order
    The Zeno forum
    Leather Rubber and Nylon
    BMW