closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Zen isp users out there?

Master

Any Zen isp users out there?

Plusnet have been reasonable but now owned by BT I feel the bean counters have let standards slip. Thinking of moving to Zen as they always come top in the Which customer surveys plus they seem to supply a decent Fritz router for fibre customers compared to the usual cheap 'does the job' stuff. Any recommendations?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Plusnet have been reasonable but now owned by BT I feel the bean counters have let standards slip. Thinking of moving to Zen as they always come top in the Which customer surveys plus they seem to supply a decent Fritz router for fibre customers compared to the usual cheap 'does the job' stuff. Any recommendations?
    BT have owned them since 2007...so nothing new there

Master
    Zen user for over ten years, not cheap but the service is good as is customer service if needed.

I bought because I needed a stable business line with fixed IP address. The router is awful, suffered drop outs etc and although they swore there is no throttling, it was always worse in the early evening when people came home from work. Better now with Google wifi but generally has been the same quality as Talk Talk for far more money. I feel cheated. Also I am moving house shortly and have to pay my way out of the contract as otherwise if I let them port me, I will have to commit to another 12 months line rental when I don't want a land line. Argh! Trying Virgin business fibre next, probably more better but might as well try it.

I use Zen, never had any issues with them at all.

As mentioned they cost a bit more but all the support is done in the UK.

I roll my own router using pfSense.

Switched to Zen a year ago. Customer service is great. I hope it stays that way as they get bigger.

The free router was terrible so I bought their posh Fritz one in the end which is better but still not as good as my home hub 5 was. Apparently they're top notch routers.

I pay more to Zen than I did BT and am pretty happy.

Master
    Three in favour, one against so far...

Master
    I've been with them for some time but I think they are now getting expensive. There are plenty of Fritzbox 3490 routers on ebay (which is the one Zen supply) & with the money you could save getting a deal from BT/Plusnet/Vodafone you would be spending a lot less. The webmail interface is nothing special so unless you are going to be using customer support a lot I'm not sure what their USP is.

Reassuringly Expensive is the phrase that comes to mind.

We've been with them for a few years. It's more expensive but so relaible. I don't think they traffic manage either so the speed seems to stay stable at around70. I'd recommend them.

Master
    I have been with them for many years and never had a problem and the customer service is brilliant I wouldn't use anyone else.

Another been with them for years.

Not the cheapest but reliable and great customer service when needed.

Malc