closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Calling all Baldies who keep their head shaved - ever thought about...

Red face Calling all Baldies who keep their head shaved - ever thought about...

scalp micro-pigmentation? Basically tattooing the bald areas of the scalp to simulate dark, short hair follicles. I'm seriously thinking about it as the results look pretty amazing. Google it. :)

Who else might be tempted?

A guy I work with has had this done. If I hadn't been told I probably would not have realised, when you get very close if you are are aware it is noticeable.

Would I have it done? If I was losing my hair and it is dark I would certainly consider as a viable option. I guess it relies on you shaving your head every day though?

Tom

My immediate thought is that it will always look dark - which is ok when you're young, but won't match your colouring when you get older (and greyer), and why old blokes who dye their hair end up looking silly (see Paul McCartney etc)

I'd never consider it. Embrace the baldness!

Master
    I could understand why people might want to do this, but I think anyone considering cosmetic work (not including reconstructive stuff) should really try to just accept and embrace their natural state before doing these things.

That said, I've seen this and it can look ok if done very well, but is obvious very close up.

Although it may be a big deal to you, remember 99.9% of everyone else is so used to seeing bald people that they wouldn't even bat an eyelid.

So, don't lose your hair worrying over it.

Master
    Haha, never in a million years! Knew a guy who had something similar done, augmented with what looked like black shoe polish. Hard not to notice how stupid it looked.
    Only way to get out of being bald is to undergo castration - far more effective than tattoos.

As was said - embrace the baldness, it is a sign of masculinity.

Just draw Rabbits on you're head

I know an older gentleman who's had it done - looks like he's got boot polish on his head and will look worse as he ages.

Craftsman
    I had never heard of this until lunchtime today!- I noticed that new barber in the place I get my hair cut provides this so asked him about it. His take is that there are a lot of people starting doing it who really don't have a clue and currently it is unregsistered so results are heavily dependent on who is doing it. Can take many hours to do properly and so can cost ££££. He charges £125 an hour to do it and reckons 6-8 hours total over a few weeks for most people.

I keep my head shaved for a reason - I do not want hair. Mine would grow back if I left it, but it drives me mad if I leave it for more than a week.

I want suggestions as to how you can be bald permanently without having to cut and shave etc.

Only a tart would attempt to go the other way

Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    Just draw Rabbits on you're head
    Because, from a distance they look like hares !

Quote Originally Posted by W124 View Post
    Because, from a distance they look like hares !
    Think I first heard that when I was about 8 which is a long time ago.

No. Tight no guard here, razor when I'm on holiday. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I keep my head shaved for a reason - I do not want hair. Mine would grow back if I left it, but it drives me mad if I leave it for more than a week.

I want suggestions as to how you can be bald permanently without having to cut and shave etc.

Only a tart would attempt to go the other way
    I shave my noggin once a week with a razor, as I have classic male pattern baldness.

I know that the women have the option of getting the lady-garden treated by laser to kill the hair follicle.

Is this option also available for the noggin ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_hair_removal
    Last edited by W124; 24th May 2017 at 17:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

https://nonopro.co.uk/

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Christ no.....the mickey taking at work (and Winchester) would escalate to proportions not seen since Biblical times.

I think that a good toupee is a much safer bet:

I'd rather stick a merkin on my head.

How about a toupee with matching chest wig?

Red face O.k. - you lot are no bloody help!

...and don't appear to be taking this very seriously! You've almost put me off the idea and I was getting really excited too. :(

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Looks great.

If only we still had open coal fires - readily available soot would make a cheap alternative.

After laughing at the video I saw the tattoo video that followed it and it is quite an effective ruse.

I have finally realised that not many people apart from me care about my hair so I wouldn't bother but I do see the appeal and looks better than a transplant although, again I wonder how much follow up work it will need to maintain.

Sounds like it runs the risk of looking like a Legoman (with hair of course...).

I'm lucky that in my late 40's I still have the same thatch of thick hair I've had all my life, but on occasion I have had a 'number one' as I find it cooler in the summer and it's nice to just 'shower and go'. However I quickly gave up as I realised how often I needed to run the clippers over every 10 days or so to avoid looking like a microphone, and I'd get sunburn on my head if not too careful. I've seen a few people who've had this daft looking micro tattoo thing though, and it is incredibly obvious. I'd rather get the clippers out if I developed a bald patch, as the alternatives look either downright ridiculous or make the wearer look incredibly vain. As an aside, with a full head of hair I would often get chatting to relative strangers when out and about, old ladies ask me to lift things down from high shelves in the supermarket etc. With a crew cut people just gave me a wide berth - interesting how people's perception seems to differ according to your hairstyle!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    From all the pictures I've seen of this rather silly cosmetic tattooing, the general effect you create is one of a very badly shaved head. Why would anyone want to replicate a badly shaved head?
    .................. answers on a post card please.

I hear tattoo removal hurts like hell. Imagine a bad head tattoo needing removal!
    Not worth the cost, risk of looking like a plonker, and the cost of removal if needs be.
    Life is too short to worry about baldness, unless you're 20!

Bald is beautiful. See my avatar for further details.

Embrace the baldness indeed.

if you have it tattooed a dark colour when you are young do you need to have it re-done in grey when you hit 50?

Serious question btw

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Embrace the baldness indeed.

if you have it tattooed a dark colour when you are young do you need to have it re-done in grey when you hit 50?

Serious question btw
    This. I had raven locks which I was proud of, now they are salt and peppery but some say makes me look distinguished!
    When I go bald I've decided on the Yul Bryner look. Embrace the baldness with open arms! No tattoo shatoo for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    How about a toupee with matching chest wig?

I love that film!

Embracing the baldness is the only way.

But then the next question is - beard or no beard?

Nope, i'd just grow it long, bleach it white and grow a moustache like the Hulkster.

Last edited by studly; 27th May 2017 at 00:10.