closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Iron Maiden - Book of Souls Tour

Iron Maiden - Book of Souls Tour

Anyone going? I'm off to the O2 on Sunday :)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Anyone going? I'm off to the O2 on Sunday :)
    Cardiff tonight.👍

I'm off to the O2 on Sunday :)
    Ditto
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Haven't seen them play live since Cardiff in 2003 (Dance of Death), due to the frankly obnoxious prices they were charging for 'stadium' shows or being forced to see them at festivals as they were busy doing 'world tours' that only included one UK show date. Nice to see they've done a decent spread across the UK this time (looking back they've only done this once recently in 2011 and 2003 before), but still £50 a ticket is a bit rich for me even for Maiden, especially if I'm in the seats at the back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gromdal View Post
    Haven't seen them play live since Cardiff in 2003 (Dance of Death), due to the frankly obnoxious prices they were charging for 'stadium' shows or being forced to see them at festivals as they were busy doing 'world tours' that only included one UK show date. Nice to see they've done a decent spread across the UK this time (looking back they've only done this once recently in 2011 and 2003 before), but still £50 a ticket is a bit rich for me even for Maiden, especially if I'm in the seats at the back.
    I do agree about prices but I only go to one big London show a year. I've also tickets for Chaka Khan £45 & Ash £20 both in Southend not cheap supporting live music anymore but what is?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Cardiff tonight.
    Do let us know how it goes - I'm going to the O2 to see them on Sunday...

Saw them last in 2008 at Twickenham and that was brilliant. Before that, saw them quite a few times in the mid-90's (I think) in places like Hammersmith.

Grand Master
    Went to the Leeds gig, free ticket! Haven't listened to any Maiden since about 87 but I have to say they were excellent live🤗
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Do let us know how it goes - I'm going to the O2 to see them on Sunday...

Saw them last in 2008 at Twickenham and that was brilliant. Before that, saw them quite a few times in the mid-90's (I think) in places like Hammersmith.
    I could have written this myself...Hammersmith Odeon in the mid eighties (World Slavery Tour), Donnington 1988 then a 20 year gap to Twickenham in 2008 and now London 2017. I can still (just) fit in to my World Slavery Tour T- shirt!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    An excellent performance last night. Although the sound quality was a bit off in the Motorpoint, the band delivered a very polished and energetic performance. The set was a mix of songs from the BoS plus old favourites. The stage show was superb, with Mayan Eddie. Shinedown did very well also, engaging with the crowd, again with lots of energy and enthusiasm. A great evening. Enjoy the London gig.👍

An excellent performance last night. Although the sound quality was a bit off in the Motorpoint, the band delivered a very polished and energetic performance. The set was a mix of songs from the BoS plus old favourites. The stage show was superb, with Mayan Eddie. Shinedown did very well also, engaging with the crowd, again with lots of energy and enthusiasm. A great evening. Enjoy the London gig.
    Great stuff looking forward to Sunday!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stifflersmom View Post
    I could have written this myself...Hammersmith Odeon in the mid eighties (World Slavery Tour), Donnington 1988 then a 20 year gap to Twickenham in 2008 and now London 2017. I can still (just) fit in to my World Slavery Tour T- shirt!
    I don't think I bought a World Slavery t-shirt thought I do still have my Somewhere Back in Time shirt which I'll be wearing on Sunday.

An excellent performance last night. Although the sound quality was a bit off in the Motorpoint, the band delivered a very polished and energetic performance. The set was a mix of songs from the BoS plus old favourites. The stage show was superb, with Mayan Eddie. Shinedown did very well also, engaging with the crowd, again with lots of energy and enthusiasm. A great evening. Enjoy the London gig.
    Thanks for the write-up - really looking forward to Sunday!

Off to the O2 Sunday - as always, by myself as seem to be the only member of my family & friends that likes Maiden.....!!

if anybody who is going & fancies a beer, let me know........

Cheers

Paul

They were superb as always, big Police presence which I expected. Easy to Park not a bad £50. How can Metallica justify £100 at the same venue??

Craftsman
    Sunday's show was fantastic; the boys looked like they were having a blast and the crowd were properly into it. They always deliver, but it felt a bit special on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by stifflersmom View Post
    Sunday's show was fantastic; the boys looked like they were having a blast and the crowd were properly into it. They always deliver, but it felt a bit special on Sunday.
    It was good, but I have to say I didn't come away buzzing. Apart from Rothschild (a treat) the set list for the first 60% or so was OK, but not their strongest.

The sound was also a bit pants where we were - Block 110, just below the corporate boxes.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    It was good, but I have to say I didn't come away buzzing. Apart from Rothschild (a treat) the set list for the first 60% or so was OK, but not their strongest.

The sound was also a bit pants where we were - Block 110, just below the corporate boxes.
    I think we are unlikely to see them like they were even ten years ago Andy. Its a business very polished, very professional. Nothing really gets me buzzing these days, sad but I've seen so much good stuff in years gone by. Bruce's mike keep cutting out, but other than that my sound was ok, I was nearer the front. I think you mean Wrathchild :)

I think you mean Wrathchild :)
    I do.

Can't even blame autocorrect for that one.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I'm listening to Maiden now, they are one of my favourite bands and excellent live. My favourite gig of theirs was when Bruce rejoined the fold for the Brave New World tour - supported by Slayer at Earl's Court! Truly superb.

....can't believe it was 17 years ago!

Master
    I last saw Iron Maiden on the Killers tour at Taunton Odeon on 28th Feb 1981. That's over 35 years ago. God I feel old.

Cost me £3.50 apparently, and they were supported by the French band Trust.

Pete
    Last edited by ptcoll; 30th May 2017 at 22:23.

Craftsman
    Some pictures from the concert

Last edited by vcarter; 1st June 2017 at 20:03.

Great pic's

I was at the Leeds gig - good show but the sound was 'off' on occasions, mainly (I think) due to aged sound engineers who are tone deaf....Lol
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Great pictures! What did you use to take those?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Great pictures! What did you use to take those?
    Thanks, my gf made them with just a Canon bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by ptcoll View Post
    I last saw Iron Maiden on the Killers tour at Taunton Odeon on 28th Feb 1981. That's over 35 years ago. God I feel old.

Cost me £3.50 apparently, and they were supported by the French band Trust.

Pete
    Guildford Civic Hall, 1980 was £2.50 from memory.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Them several times in the early eighties, possibly 1979.

The earliest was with Paul DiAnno on vocals.

I seem to remember seeing them supporting Def Leopard, or the other way round, but this might be just memory playing tricks! Can anyone confirm that tour?

M

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vcarter View Post
    Thanks, my gf made them with just a Canon bridge.
    Cool. They are great. Were you far away as it looks like you had a prime spot. Can't believe what you can do with a bridge camera these days. The pics on our phones were rubbish!

Cheers