closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Majorca ideas

Master

Majorca ideas

I'm staying in Galilea ATM in a rather lovely villa in the hills. I have a hire car, anywhere I should definitely visit?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Sa Callobra is fun on a bike...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Deleted
    Last edited by Analogue; 12th September 2017 at 00:02.

Craftsman
    Port de Soller is picture postcard pretty and a nice place to spend some time.

Go up Puig Maria if you fancy some exercise. Pollenza old town.

Santanyi is a nice little town esp on market day
    A swim at Cala Santanyi afterwards and a table overlooking Cala Figuera for supper as the sun goes down
    Nice

Agree

Soller

Or

Sant Elm - beautiful

Cala Mondrago National Park,

When we're on the island we always reserve a couple of days there for total chill out, as a bonus there's a good few picturesque fishing ports within 20 minutes drive with a huge choice of decent eateries.
    Last edited by number2; 24th May 2017 at 09:31.

Rental car? Like driving? Nothing beats a hoon up the road winding up the side of the Puig Mayor ( from just outside Soller over the top of the mountain). Stop off for a small libation and enjoy the views at the Mirador Ses Barques on the way up. Once over the top take the road down to Sa Calobra as already mentioned. On the way back down to Soller, turn off to Fornalutx. Have a beer in the square, or if you can get in, a meal at Ca N'Antuna at the edge of the village is worth it. There are a few decent restaurants in Port de Soller too, although it's a while since we've been there. Es Canyis (owned by friends of my wife's family) always used to be decent. Enjoy yourself!

Craftsman
    a few years ago went to the Caves of Drach at Porto Cristo, they were quite good nice drive along the coast to get there.

We stayed in Porto Cristo and when up to Pollenca which is lovely place and has a great open market and nice cafes/bars then up to the highest point for the great views(place name I can't remember) back down into Alcudia which again is nice.

Valldemossa is another place worth a visit

Craftsman
    Drive to Bunyola then up over the Orient, nice place to stop at the top.

Master
    Ended up in Pollenca today and found a beautiful beach on the way to the lighthouse, Cap De Formentor.
    Thanks for all the suggestions, will follow some up tomorrow!

Craftsman
    That beech is very nice, never been down to it but cycled past it on a few occasions, going to Cap De Formentor.

Also try the monastery at Lluc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    Sa Callobra is fun on a bike...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Not if you are cycling up it.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk View Post
    Rental car? Like driving? Nothing beats a hoon up the road winding up the side of the Puig Mayor ( from just outside Soller over the top of the mountain). Stop off for a small libation and enjoy the views at the Mirador Ses Barques on the way up. Once over the top take the road down to Sa Calobra as already mentioned. On the way back down to Soller, turn off to Fornalutx. Have a beer in the square, or if you can get in, a meal at Ca N'Antuna at the edge of the village is worth it. There are a few decent restaurants in Port de Soller too, although it's a while since we've been there. Es Canyis (owned by friends of my wife's family) always used to be decent. Enjoy yourself!
    I second this!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Sat in a restaurant at Mirador Ses Barques, very civilized and lovely view!
    Thanks for the suggestions all.

Don't drink the water ;)

Master
    Mum and Dad just got back (stayed near Alcudia) and I've been lots of times.
    Mum had purse nicked and actually caught a girl trying to steal stuff from my Dads rucksack. They are pretty savvy and go abroad a few times a year but they were surprised at the amount of crime. When at the police station there were six people queuing before them to report the same crimes.
    Tourist information were really helpful but advised that it is a problem at the moment and they have plain clothes police on beaches and public transport.

Can't believe nobody's mentioned going to Magaluf, drinking your own body weight in cheap alcahol from a giant fish bowl, throw-up down the top of a young woman and get the name of a a holiday rep you fancy tatooed on your arse.