closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A couple of bracelet questions

Craftsman

A couple of bracelet questions

Nice and simple for the more knowledgeable than me. Bracelet is from an Explorer I with HEL.

1. Is this considered to be stretched a lot or something else?

2. Can a solid link be turned into a removable link?

Love the bracelet, but cannot get the clasp centred for my girly wrists. If I wear the bracelet the "wrong" way around it is more centred (which I cannot work out why). Just wondering if a professional could take out a link from the left and turn it into a removable one in case it is needed to be added back in again. Or should I not worry about this 2nd point too much?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mr_esearch View Post
    Nice and simple for the more knowledgeable than me. Bracelet is from an Explorer I with HEL.

1. Is this considered to be stretched a lot or something else?

2. Can a solid link be turned into a removable link?

Love the bracelet, but cannot get the clasp centred for my girly wrists. If I wear the bracelet the "wrong" way around it is more centred (which I cannot work out why). Just wondering if a professional could take out a link from the left and turn it into a removable one in case it is needed to be added back in again. Or should I not worry about this 2nd point too much?

1. Light stretching of bracelet.

2. I have same problem with my oyster bracelet (slender wrists).

Solution: remove bracelet from case. Turn 180 degrees. Reattach to case. Clasp will now be centred (as you have already discovered by wearing your watch the 'wrong way'.) Saves removing permanent link.

Not ideal but it works..

Sent from my Fusion5_W104(32GB) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ipsofacto; 23rd May 2017 at 22:33.

Craftsman
    And about light stretching, is it economical to rectify now or when it is further stretched? Can you do any lasting damage?

Personally I would wear and enjoy. I have seen far worse stretched bracelets!!

Sent from my Fusion5_W104(32GB) using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    "Upside down" it is then. 😁

I removed a permanent link from my partners mid size Datejust. Not easy and not reversible using my technique

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    I removed a permanent link from my partners mid size Datejust. Not easy and not reversible using my technique
    Yeah, this is sort of what I wanted to avoid. I will give the upside down trick a try and see how it goes. However, given the weather it may go on perlon!

Grand Master
    I had the same problem with a non-date Sub, ended up selling the watch which was a shame. Currently have an Explorer 1 which us OK......just! Why Rolex made them this way is beyond me, the six side of the bracelet needs another removable link (rather than fixed) to suit those with small wrists. I've heard of fixed links being removed but it's a bit drastic and not easy.

It's ironic that the smaller models, suited to smaller wrists, are afflicted with this problem.

Paul

Craftsman
    Why are us small wristed folk always penalised!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app