closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A bit of Platinum.

A bit of Platinum.

Just wanted to share my newest acquisition, a 2005 Rolex Yacht-Master 16622.

Got this after putting up a want to buy and being answered and assisted by David (GOAT) so thank you.

Very impressed with it. Its the first time I've ever had a non black or grey dial Rolex and I must say I am pretty impressed with it. It shines very nicely on this lovely sunny day.

Original price list from 2005

Last edited by paneristi372; 23rd May 2017 at 21:25.

Master
    Looks great, wish you well with it :-)

Craftsman
    Lovely thing. If I could pull them off it would be high on my list.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yes that does look very good!

Nice👍

Master
    Blog Entries
    I owned one briefly and they are stunning to look at. Unfortunately for me, my ageing eyes meant I couldn't read it too well in some lights so I moved it on. But other than that, it was probably the best looking watch I have owned. Enjoy :)

Master
    Terribly sorry but I don't see this, other than being platinum where does the beauty behold

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    Terribly sorry but I don't see this, other than being platinum where does the beauty behold
    As always of course - 'in the eye of the beholder'! If only it did not have the cyclops - but that is just me!

Journeyman
    Looks lovely! Particularly nice in the sun for this time of year.

The yachtmaster really has grown on me. I didn't like them at first but saw a rhodium dial one and changed my mind on them.

Master
    Always been a Yachty fan! Looks great, and so does the Pepsi...

Craftsman
    Very nice.
    Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    None too shabby. Congratulations.

Here's mine. Think I've had it 10 years now this month. This pic was last Friday:

Master
    Blog Entries
    ^^^^ that's looking in terrific condition ASW1

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi372 View Post

Got this after putting up a want to buy and being answered and assisted by David (GOAT) so thank you.

Very impressed with it. Its the first time I've ever had a non black or grey dial Rolex and I must say I am pretty impressed with it. It shines very nicely on this lovely sunny day.

Glad to have helped- looks very nice
    Had a few of these nice watches
    Goat

Looks ace. I'm quite partial to the Blue Yachty in steel myself.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by paneristi372 View Post

Love this photo - the compare and contrast works really well.

Congratulations, I'm a huge fan of the Plat YM 16622, what's not too like, stunning dial that sparkles like a sea of diamonds and in the right light the bezel comes alive, for me the watch looks stunning. Great buy pre-owned too when you consider what they can be bought for with the added advantage that they are not everywhere like the Submariner for example.

Thanks, I am really enjoying wearing the Yacht-Master. I have never been a fan of the polished centre links on Rolex Sports models but I think this and the Milgauss GV really suit it.

Have been wearing the 16622 since its arrival and on a walk out tonight the light seemed to catch the watch perfectly and the bezel and dial really looked to have a different hue to the ss case and bracelet.

And the Milgauss GV for comparison!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    None too shabby. Congratulations.

Here's mine. Think I've had it 10 years now this month. This pic was last Friday:

Love this pic. Great looking watch as well OP, enjoy your purchase. And as in this pic looks great even after 10years.

Looks great.
    Is platinum more or less susceptible to scratches than steel?

Master
    Jamie great watch , enjoy. Will you be at Pendle Powerfest on Sunday, Im away so will miss it. Steve

Banned
    That is a stunner , enjoy .

Seikoboy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Routers View Post
    Looks great.
    Not on my wrist.

Master
    And now, Jocke's photo-essay ...

ROLEX YACHT-MASTER REF 16622 The reference 16622 YachtMaster is made in SS and Platinum is just a little different and a unique Rolex watch. It looks a little different than a diver watch and itīs a little big to call dress watch. In my opinion you can use it to both. It have the TripLock crown who is good enough down to 1220 meters but because the YachtMaster is not a diver watch itīs only rated to 100 meters. The TripLock crown get a nicer balance and itīs easier to handle than the TvinLock crown when the watch have crown guards. The crown guards have a more rounded shape than the Submariner. YachtMaster was the first Rolex with the big indexīs, later called MaxiDial at the Submariner with green bezel insert. The dial is made of Platinum and the YachtMaster is written in red. YachtMaster even have a little bigger hands than the other Rolexīs except the Submariner with MaxiDial. The red second hand just stand out in a nice way. The bezel and the insert is made in Platinum with raised mirror polished numbers. YachtMaster have SEL (solid end links) and the center links are mirror polished. The center links are solid and not hollow like they use to be, so that means the bracelet now are just so good as a Invicta bracelet. LOL The clasp is a little different too, the raised crown is at the secure lock and not at the clasp like it use to be. The YachtMaster even have a unique case with a more curved lugs than the other Rolex case. In my opinion this looks really nice and give the case a better balance. The backside of the lugs looks different too, notice the end of the lug. The SuperLuminova do a great work as it use to do. Inside the watch it looks just like it use to do, cal 3135 not looks like a Patek but it will serve you for many years. This watch is awesome in my opinion and it looks better in the real world because itīs hard to get it justice with a camera.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Routers View Post
    Looks great.
    Mr mohs is your friend!
    http://www.jewelrynotes.com/the-mohs...-is-important/

Thanks Paul,
    Good information - very interesting.

Always makes me wonder why more watches aren't made of Tungsten Carbide, I much prefer the wedding ring I have made of that compared to platinum, doesn't get scratched at all! I know Casio makes some watches made of it.

Banned
    Great close up pics of a great watch

Seikoboy

Journeyman
    I love the 16622 have owned several over the years and sold them, since then I have vowed to not sell another watch. I wore one of these on my wedding day ten years ago. Back in the day it was a watch that never kept its value in 2006 they could be found used for 2k quite easily how things have changed.
    Last edited by cygnus; 31st May 2017 at 08:14.