closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont Solo

Bremont Solo

Hi guys,

Looking to pick a Bremont Solo either this weekend or next. Had my eyes on one for a while, after visiting the Mayfair store recently (which was very good) decided this will be my next purchase.

After careful consideration I think the Panerai 372 is too big as a daily, the Rolex Sub ideal but out of my price bracket at the moment. The Panerai 560 is a contender but still undecided, as I wanted something more everyday.

Now I know the Bremont is a marmite brand on here, but the white solo ticks a lot of boxes for me. Yes ETA, but COSC so a bonus, nice size at 43mm, looks can change on strap, applied indices, lume, good customer service from what I hear, affordable for me currently.

Now I now discount can be tried through ADs, and a certain scheme at work enables almost a 20% discount with certain dealers. After speaking with the boutique no discount was available, but there was an option for a few straps to be included - a plus for me as I've got my eye on 2 or 3 different straps which quick maths in my head worked out near the discount price.

I just wanted to know, as a few members on here have had the Solo and their thoughts on the watch. Yes I know movement isn't the best, price probably isn't worth it (can be said of a lot of luxury watch brands) they do too many SE & they have a slightly romanticised short history - but forgetting all that I like Bremont.

Pictures will be added when purchased.

I had a white solo and loved it! The 43mm wears smaller and the applied indices are really cool. In fact I can't remember why I sold it - I suffer from flipperitus. If you buy well they are cracking watches just make sure you buy pre owned.

I have 4 Bremont's. One on a bracelet. All the others I wear on leather. Non being Bremont.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    I had this for two days and sent it back. Firstly I couldn't release the crown - a design fault as you can't pull it out without getting your nail of something else under it. Secondly I just thought it was a lot of money for the watch you got. Numerous other brands with just as good styling (in my opinion), with similar movements, are a half the price.

Each to their own I suppose but then again that's why you asked for people's thoughts.

I am sure you will love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ I had this issue with my ALT1-P, nightmare to release the crown and although now moved on it's actually put me off from owning another. I have though tried on the new MB11 White and note that they've cleavely notched a tiny cut out in the underside of the case to allow much easier crown release. Can't remember if the U2 I also tried on had the same feature?

Jon

Craftsman
    I got a cracking deal on a new one about a year ago. Owned it for a few months, loved the size, the dark grey finish of the steel, and the build quality. Time keeping was also very good.

Was looking closely at the movement one day and noticed how shocking the finish was on some components. Bremont's or ETA's finishing, I didn't care and it was off to a dealer in days. Unfortunate as I genuinely liked the watch.

They are very comfortable as a daily.

Master
    Blog Entries

Bremont Solo

Great watches, and very versatile. The bracelets are poor imho though the leather options are lovely. The vintage hambleden is my favourite of the bunch. I would also get a Zulu diver great strap and only about £30, perfect holiday strap, wearing one now on my MB3 by the pool.

Last edited by Middo; 24th May 2017 at 14:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I had a white solo and loved it! The 43mm wears smaller and the applied indices are really cool. In fact I can't remember why I sold it - I suffer from flipperitus. If you buy well they are cracking watches just make sure you buy pre owned.
    Thanks the applied indices are one of the main things I like about. That & the dual colour. Looks like I'll be buying new rather than pre owned, getting a few OEM Straps as part of the deal so not all bad.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg156 View Post
    I have 4 Bremont's. One on a bracelet. All the others I wear on leather. Non being Bremont.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    How do you find the bracelet? Looking to have one on the Solo but unsure if the case and strap match?

Quote Originally Posted by Fredamens View Post
    I had this for two days and sent it back. Firstly I couldn't release the crown - a design fault as you can't pull it out without getting your nail of something else under it. Secondly I just thought it was a lot of money for the watch you got. Numerous other brands with just as good styling (in my opinion), with similar movements, are a half the price.

Each to their own I suppose but then again that's why you asked for people's thoughts.

I am sure you will love it.

I hear what you saying regarding the other pieces, I'm pretty fussy & cannot find others I like at the price, (well there's plenty but with something I don't like or too pricey) I'll check the crown for the issue you mentioned & hope I can get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Great watches, and very versatile. The bracelets are poor imho though the leather options are lovely. The vintage hambleden is my favourite of the bunch. I would also get a Zulu diver great strap and only about £30, perfect holiday strap, wearing one now on my MB3 by the pool.

Nice, I love the look of the Hambledon & their Seattle Strap both pricey as OEM but always preferred OEM than after market.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    I hear what you saying regarding the other pieces, I'm pretty fussy & cannot find others I like at the price, (well there's plenty but with something I don't like or too pricey) I'll check the crown for the issue you mentioned & hope I can get on with it.

As I say I am sure you will love it, I really do.