closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Love Manchester Concert

Love Manchester Concert

Just having a brew-break. Excellent concert so far with some really moving performances and messages.

Yes, very good indeed.

Master
    Apart from Coldplays version of Don't Look Back in Anger...truly awful.

Craftsman
    It's been fantastic all round. Haven't seen any of these pops stars before but they are brilliant. Didn't like the black eyed peas though, mainly as will I am thought he was in London!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Never understood the appeal of Arianna Grande but she has a fair pair of lungs as my Nan would say, good on her.

Great gig - big respect to all involved.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Blog Entries
    Missed it I'm afraid to say but got in just in time to see Arianna Grande close with Over the Rainbow. Lovely rendition.

Loved it, great show. I agree though... No Chris Martin, no. Don't sing or backup oasis.
    Liam was a nice nearly surprise. Class. Well done Ariana.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Not a lover of Chrissy boy but you can't take it away from him he is one hell of a performer.

Two of my nieces were at the concert last week and after making sure they were OK I was joking with their mum that I didn't think she could fill a shoe box let alone the MEN, but wow, what a voice.

It must be hard to live with the fact that people died because they came to see her perform so it's no surprise the emotions took over at times.

What I saw of the concert was very good.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quite shocked to see Justin Bieber can actuallly sing and play a guitar! I always had him down as a manufactured princess....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco81 View Post
    It's been fantastic all round. Haven't seen any of these pops stars before but they are brilliant. Didn't like the black eyed peas though, mainly as will I am thought he was in London!!

No he was referring to last nights attacks as well as the Manchester ones.
    Basically reaching out to London too.
    Will I Am spends a lot of time in Manchester due to filming of the Voice when it was BBC

I thought the whole thing was superb, we all watched it together and enjoyed all of it. Very emotional though and she did so well to get through One Last Time at the end knowing that was the last song she sang on the night.

We've been watching Miss Grande for years and she's a proper little super star.

Master
    Fair play to all involved organising and performing tonight

My wife & I watched the concert this evening rather than sitting down and enjoying a movie as we had planned.

I enjoyed most of what I saw and have felt fairly emotional (angered) all night...happy to admit I even shed a tear or two for all the unfortunate ones caught up in this mess

lets keep smiling and stick two fingers up to the BASTARDS that instigated this event

onelove Manchester

Master
    Never heard of Ariana Grande before the event but was very impressed with her and the concert in general. Also myley cyrus impressed me- seems to have grown up

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Quite shocked to see Justin Bieber can actuallly sing and play a guitar! I always had him down as a manufactured princess....
    I always thought the same till someone pointed me in the direction of some YouTube videos of him drumming as a toddler, doing some impressive guitar strumming as a child, etc. In fairness, the kid's actually musically talented.

Tonight's concert was a very good effort, particularly considering how quickly it was put together.

I saw Ariana on Jimmy Fallon and thought she was amazing. She can really sing! Shame there was no Noel/Oasis but it was very well done.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    Never heard of Ariana Grande before the event but was very impressed with her and the concert in general. Also myley cyrus impressed me- seems to have grown up
    Exactly what I thought, on both counts.

Really enjoyed it, great performances all round.
    Loved the school choir, very emotional .

Craftsman
    It was all very impressive. Shame Liam didn't sing Don't Look Back In Anger tho and I was holding out for Wonderwall

First time I haven't hated Bieber too!

Arianna did exceptionally. She seems like a class act all round and has dealt with the whole situation flawlessly imo

Quote Originally Posted by jimyu View Post
    It was all very impressive. Shame Liam didn't sing Don't Look Back In Anger tho and I was holding out for Wonderwall

First time I haven't hated Bieber too!

Arianna did exceptionally. She seems like a class act all round and has dealt with the whole situation flawlessly imo
    I wondered why he didn't sing it so had a quick google, apparently (please correct me if I'm wrong) both wonderwall and don't look back were written by Noel, he then asked Liam which he wanted to sing, Liam chose wonderwall. They made the album and the rest is pop history. Add a few years, they both fall out and now Liam won't do the song as he says it's Noels. Bit sad really given the reason for the event. As I say please correct me if I'm wrong I'd love to know if this is correct.

I thought it was all very well done, with a very positive tone.

A lot of the acts weren't reall my cup-of-tea, but obviously they were predominantly aiming at the teenage/female demographic - but that's not really the point. I thnk they did exactly what they set out to do.

Coldplay we're very good imo. They get unfairly vilified (a bit like U2), and for a concert like this, they were exactly was needed - sweeping, positive stadium-filling anthems that make you feel glad to be alive.

Craftsman
    Kept having to Google search who most of the people where TBH but was a great event and attended by some high-profile artists.

Coldplay were great (did anyone spot the wee stain on his jeans) and it was quality when Liam came with no doubt most of the crowd thinking "...how has that Car Park Attendant got on-stage?".

Never heard of AG until that gig the other week but fair play to her for putting that together and singing a fair few tunes, the crowd must have loved it. Was also nice to see that all the artist hung around too and didn't play their bit and leave.

A big from me & SWMBO.

I didn't know some of the acts, but the whole event was just first class and kudos to all who were involved in it.

A great message to send out to the world IMO.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Great concert! Why was Shaun Rider not invited?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Odo View Post
    Never understood the appeal of Arianna Grande but she has a fair pair of lungs as my Nan would say, good on her.
    I'd never heard of her before the attack, but since then she seems to be a far better role model than a lot of the acts who appeal to young teens. Little Mix came out with their asses hanging out, which as a red blooded man I really don't mind but as a father my overriding reaction was one of disgust that kids have to look up to people who do nothing to promote the deeper meanings of what really matters. I must be getting old because the latter was more important to me. Grande on the other hand, from what I've seen, is a far more modest and classy act and someone I am more happy with as a role model for my kids. Great concert and good messaging for those who think they can break our spirits with the senseless acts we've been seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    They were probably scared of what he might do or say

Craftsman
    Maybe if Barlow paid his taxes we would have more policing resources available to combat terrorists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Mondays were playing in Bristol at about the same time as Liam came on stage!

http://www.letsrockbristol.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon76 View Post
    Maybe if Barlow paid his taxes we would have more policing resources available to combat terrorists

There is a time and place .................unbelievably cheap shot. Did you enjoy the concert.?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsy View Post
    There is a time and place .................unbelievably cheap shot. Did you enjoy the concert.?
    Didn't see the concert as I was working (emergency services.) From all accounts it was great.

I don't see it as a cheap shot, just a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon76 View Post
    Didn't see the concert as I was working (emergency services.) From all accounts it was great.

I don't see it as a cheap shot, just a fact.

I don't disagree, just a time and place thing, this was a thread about the concert.

Keep up the good work by the way :-)

Craftsman
    Very nice concert!

A remarkable achievement to put that together in a week. I'd never heard of quite a few of the "stars" but enjoyed it non the less.
    Martin > Gallagher.

They missed a trick....

Peter Kaye would have brought the house down

My daughter is a fan of Ariana Grande, and after last night, I can see why. Her response to this tragic act of barbarism has been, as somebody above has said, flawless.

I caught snippets of the concert, and given the lack of time to organise it, I thought it was excellent, and a great response to those who wish to undermine our lifestyles and values.