closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex 18206 Platinum with Arabic Numerials and Pave Diamonds

Rolex 18206 Platinum with Arabic Numerials and Pave Diamonds

Dear All.

Am looking at an offering from a friend, but the only ones i've seen either have baguette diamonds or plain dials, not in this derivation so far.

Plain ones can be had for £16,000 minimum. What sort of premium should I offer (if any).

Pics to follow:

Kind regards
    Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Before you go any further check the condition of the bracelet, which can kill the deal on one of these at the outset. Typically you might see distortion or flaring of the links near the head of the watch or the clasp.

Check the length of the bracelet also, as you don't want to be paying fat tax of a few thousand pounds for extra links.

These slightly fancier diamond dials have a reduced market, so for value I might consider one equivalent to a normal diamond dot dial.

H

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Before you go any further check the condition of the bracelet, which can kill the deal on one of these at the outset. Typically you might see distortion or flaring of the links near the head of the watch or the clasp.

Check the length of the bracelet also, as you don't want to be paying fat tax of a few thousand pounds for extra links.

These slightly fancier diamond dials have a reduced market, so for value I might consider one equivalent to a normal diamond dot dial.

H
    Thanks for chiming in Mr Haywood.

Was just told the watch has only been worn 5 times throughout the 20 year ownership, citing its sheer weight as the sole factor for disuse

Have only seen one with this config. sold in 2013 by Christies for EUR12,500. Will make an appropriate offer around the £16,000 ballpark.

Thanks again for your insight!

Master
    "I've worn it only five times in 20 years."

Commonly this makes me wonder if the five times were :

Once to jump off a cliff
    Once to take a tumble inside a cement mixer
    Once for use as a mountain bike brake pad on a desert trek
    Once inside a blender
    Once for a 19 year stretch of dry-stone walling.

You are not buying from Christie's and I would suggest a more sober approach than that which some of their bidders seem to take.

Has this watch its box and papers etc ? Despite my thoughts on the reasons why these things are valued, they are.

How long is that bracelet?

What is the condition of that bracelet?

Purchase this in haste and you will repent at leisure.

Typically one will find that the more precious metal and gem-stone content in a Rolex, the lower the proportion of new value it will retain. A new 118206 with diamond dial is £44,500 and I would expect an average secondhand one realistically to sell for close to £20k. What you have is the previous model with inferior clasp among other things. £16k for a private purchase sounds rich to me.

Who is Mr. Haywood?

H
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 22nd May 2017 at 17:19.