closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRINCE2 training

Master

PRINCE2 training

I'm currently job hunting and whilst I'm not a PM, some PRINCE2 accreditation would do me no harm.

Can anyone recommend a good online course, I'll be self funding so the cheaper the better though not at the compromise (too much anyway) of quality.

Thanks

I can only imagine that you'll manage the foundation (rather than practitioner) level unless you are particularly good at distance learning (I am not). We had a temp who managed to pass it with just a lot of time spent with the Prince2 manual; it's not that difficult. I'm afraid that I've only done the practitioner with a proper 5 day course so can't really help you however I believe that Axelos now "own" the method so perhaps look for a training provider from here:

https://www.axelos.com/certification...-certification

Craftsman
    All depends what you are capitalising on in terms of prior experience. Project management roles are demanding but a certification is always good to have. I've been a PM/Architect for the last 5 years or so in the IT sector.

The Axelos book & exam has been reformatted and I believe it is up to the institution as to when the new format will commence delivery. This will impact on the exam which will be more geared towards tailoring.

I did not pass the practitioner exam and missed out by five marks. The short date between receiving approval and commencing the course involved considerable reading beforehand so you essentially understand P2 before you commence.

It is a very steep learning curve and there is a considerable amount to read and understand.

I will be looking to undertake the practitioner exam at some point but I am not exactly looking forward to the prospect.

Good luck!

I did the Foundation/Practitioner course pretty recently. I'm a Contractor type and consolidating previous experience with this "tick in the box" for my CV made sense.

I used https://www.theknowledgeacademy.com/

I self funded, (of course), and chose to do the 5 day course. It's pretty intensive and doing plenty of pre-course preparation is IMHO key to getting a decent pass.
    They, (TKA), do distance courses as well - I'm not sure I'd fancy that myself - the classroom environment gives the chance for Q&A etc.. and it suits my learning style better.
    I'd recommend TKA, but there are quite a few other training providers - have a read on Trust Pilot for reviews.