closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Tennis fans looking forward to Roland Garros?

Master
    Blog Entries

Any Tennis fans looking forward to Roland Garros?

Really looking forward to it. I had planned to go out and watch it with a friend but decided against it when Federer pulled out.

I think this year will be wide open. Rafa is clear favorite but he's no where near his best.

I've punted for Alex Zverev for £70 @ 66/1. One because he's the best young talent I've seen for a long time and two he wears the most expensive watch on tour (well between him and Rafa).

Any other tennis fans tipping anyone?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    Really looking forward to it. I had planned to go out and watch it with a friend but decided against it when Federer pulled out.

I think this year will be wide open. Rafa is clear favorite but he's no where near his best.

I've punted for Alex Zverev for £70 @ 66/1. One because he's the best young talent I've seen for a long time and two he wears the most expensive watch on tour (well between him and Rafa).

the 2 players you mentioned plus Thiem,Djokovic and Wawrinka.
    Nadal for me though.

Master

Zverev is currently 18/1 so that's a great price you got.

Sentiment after the Australia Open I'd love Rafa to get one more. If Djokovic hits his old form he'd be hard to beat. 11/4 not bad odds. That said he may go out in the 1st 😜

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Zverev is currently 18/1 so that's a great price you got.

Sentiment after the Australia Open I'd love Rafa to get one more. If Djokovic hits his old form he'd be hard to beat. 11/4 not bad odds. That said he may go out in the 1st 
    I backed him before his performance at Rome. He was available at 50s today on Bet Bright.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think Rafa wins. I was very surprised when he lost to Thiem. I do question if he could still come on top of a gruelling 5 setter.

Saying that he did beat Zverev and Dimitrov in 5 sets in the Aus open.

Sascha is a good kid (met him when he was 14, we still keep in touch a bit), he hit the highs in Rome, but is a bit too on-off-on-off to take a slam yet (although I hope I'm wrong). Will be interesting to see if having Andre in his corner gets Novak's fire burning again, Rafa has spent a few days fishing in Mallorca, so he'll be refreshed and ready to go having competed something like 5 weeks out of the last 6. Thiem looked very tidy recently on the dirt and could be a good shout.

Much less interest without Sharapova. Bad decision IMO.

^^^ Asked her out to dinner once

Master
    Very much looking forward to it and indeed the whole season. Could be a new winner this year. No Wimbledon tickets though this year :(

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    the 2 players you mentioned plus Thiem,Djokovic and Wawrinka.
    Nadal for me though.
    got a feeling for Wawrinka v Thiem final
    quality semi line up where as the womans is a joke.

Given that I tipped Them earlier in the thread I'll go for him and Andy in the final.

Five sets of Andy Murray generally sends me to sleep. I prefer the women's game which is more entertaining and more open without Williams dominating.