closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: One watch. Can it be done?

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    i don't remember seeing any post on here from someone who has consolidated into a one watch solution that has lasted more than six months.
    more often than not, it just heralds the start of a new collection.
    just my 2p
    From many to one, five years ago and still with just the one, and still an avid watch person. Bit like girlfriends really in that when you finally find the one it's all you need for the rest of your life. Doesn't stop you looking at all the others though, particularly if they have massive boo..., complications.

Quote Originally Posted by LorneG View Post
    From many to one, five years ago and still with just the one, and still an avid watch person. Bit like girlfriends really in that when you finally find the one it's all you need for the rest of your life. Doesn't stop you looking at all the others though, particularly if they have massive boo..., complications.
    It's not a casio is it?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    It's not a casio is it?
    Casio would be the choice if I was 17, but as I'm not I had to make the perfect, 'only need the one for everything I do and every situation I'm in' watch myself:

edit: of course, it's the perfect watch for me, which doesn't mean it's by default the perfect watch for everyone..
    Last edited by LorneG; 17th July 2017 at 14:45.

Craftsman

That's my experience so far.

Craftsman
    one watch, ideally it should be a rolex explorer or rolex expolorer II, I reckon these two are the most versatile, but also relatively expensive watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelos View Post
    one watch, ideally it should be a rolex explorer or rolex expolorer II, I reckon these two are the most versatile, but also relatively expensive watches.
    There is no should be. Different for every one.

One watch, I really don't think so. I have 5 beaters (G-Shock, Seiko, Vostok) and they are not financially challenging to own. As a one decent watch solution the 16570 ticks all bases for me, but then you start looking at the icons such as the Sub and Speedmaster.

I watched Silence of the Lambs last night, and I thought it had some TZ parallels, not that you are all serial killers!

"No, he covets. That's his nature. And how do we begin to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet?....We begin by coveting what we see every day. .....And don't your eyes seek out the things you want?"

The incoming and Friday threads have a lot to answer for! Must go and find a dress watch to covet :O

Dave

I am a bad seller and really like options. Though my buying levels have dropped massively, 1-2 a yr max. Usually thats under 1k. This yr I got a Seiko Landmaster. Quartz, super versatile and love it.

If I went one watch it'd be that; most likely one watch would mean needing a cheaper watch. I don't see how an expensive watch as an only watch is sustainable IMO.

^
    Pfft — it's easily sustainable. Steel Rolex: done.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Belligero View Post
    ^
    I concur.
    They're very much do everything watches.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I concur.
    They're very much do everything watches.
    Rolex is the 911 of watches (or is it the Jag XK8?) but not everyone wants to drive a Porsche. Way back when, I had a 911 which I loved and couldn't see any reason for changing,.. right up to the point someone gobbed the most massive huley on it as I drove past them.

^
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Here's mine, the one watch I've worn since I bought it last September:

^
    Meh. I still don't think it's capable of ticking the dress watch box. It's a do all sports watch like so many others but the divide of sports and dress is the real problem. Having one watch that has just enough of s foot in both camps is the challenge here I think. 36mm black bay or Rolex explorer at a push?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk