closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pulsar Gen 1 Military Chronograph

Pulsar Gen 1 Military Chronograph

Hi all,

I picked this watch up today locally for £30 (yes thirty) via a private sale, the research I've conducted leads me to believe that it is a Gen 1 RAF issue. I am new to military watches, would anybody please be able to enlighten me with some information about this one and it's approximate value? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Not intrinsically valuable, but collectible. I like the look of them and had one. Not well regarded in service as fragile. I would say £200 to £275. Quite a deep scratch in case back, maybe £225ish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have one as well. I'd agree with BillyCasper's price range, although they seem to be moving up a little, even to £300 at the top end. The Gen 1 seems to be regarded as better looking than the Gen 2 in general.

Are those scratches on the back actually in the metal or in the sticker? Not that it really matters, yours is in better nick than mine. £30 is an absolute bargain!

Eddie has some nice NATO straps that I can recommend, that will really set off the watch. It really is a classic design that I have come to appreciate more and more, and very easy to wear. Even the subtle differences to the the civilian version, like the shape of the hands, really work well.

Had the civi version but always thought the mil version had the nicer hands. I'm not normally a chrono guy but this is (debatably) one of the nicest looking chronos ever made and not too big either. Pulsar got a lot of the details spot on.

Well done on getting it for the price you paid.

Alfat33 is probably right, the prices of military watches have rocketed, so I'm a bit behind not having bought or sold much in recent years. If your case marks are in a plastic protector, then I reckon £250-£300 is likely. An Ebay punt might even get you more! I quite liked the Gen 2, again had one but flipped it in a watch consolidation phase. I've sold-on some great watches and so regret having done so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

£30!? Wow, nice little bargain there. I do like these, but not quite enough to pay todays going rate.

Thank you all for your helpful replies.

The watch was listed for sale at 'offers around £50' to which I offered £30 and it was accepted. It's my first 'proper' military watch, I used to own a Pulsar G10 which I ended up giving to my grandad. It was due to recognising the 'L' on the dial of this watch when I saw it advertised that made me immediately recognise what it was.

Regarding the back of this watch, it does have the protector on and I believe that most of the scratches haven't gone through it, but the largest one more than likely has as it looks quite deep. I'm a bit hesitant to remove the protector just yet to find out, I'm unsure if that would affect the watches value.

My normal daily wear watch is a SRP781J1 Seiko 5 Sports Automatic which is a large watch. My intention when I purchased the Pulsar was to sell it on, however after trying it on properly today it is extremely comfortable to wear and I think it's a better size. I think I'm going to sell my old watch and keep this one instead of selling it on. A nato strap is what has been missing in my life!

Again, thank you all for your helpful and knowledgeable replies, I really appreciate all of your time and help.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by thehondaman; 22nd May 2017 at 02:31.

I wouldn't be worried about the removal of any sticker affecting value; it has presumably been added by a previous owner to stop the shallow laser-etched military markings from rubbing off. It shouldn't be too difficult to get a replacement.

It's a very good watch for that price and you can wear it; it will not depreciate,

regards from France,

Great catch!
    These are great lookers, I had this civvie version too, but did a swap with another member here.

Looks like it is already gone...what was the details?

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jringo8769 View Post
    Looks like it is already gone...what was the details?

The seller is the person who started this thread. I've been looking for a Gen 1 and happened upon this thread, and then the Gumtree ad. Seller is in the same location as the OP.

I thought it was funny that he'd made an instant £220 after seeking advice on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    The seller is the person who started this thread. I've been looking for a Gen 1 and happened upon this thread, and then the Gumtree ad. Seller is in the same location as the OP.

I thought it was funny that he'd made an instant £220 after seeking advice on here.
    Wow...that is a real profit....i love those watches too...better to keep deals like that