closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bezel Insert Replacent on an LV

Master

Bezel Insert Replacent on an LV

After selling my 2006 Rolex16610LV a couple of months ago I really miss it and I'm trying to source another.
    I'm after a 2003/2004 Flat(fat)4 this time so it is going to cost a bit.
    I'm sure this has been covered before but couldn't find it so here goes.
    I have seen one that has B&P but the original bezel insert is pretty marked and scratched.
    Do Rolex service centre replace the old flat 4 insert with a new flat 4 insert or would it be the later generation insert(non flat 4).
    Also I know the green inserts are expensive but what is the rough cost?
    Thanks and apologies for rehashing this topic.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    After selling my 2006 Rolex16610LV a couple of months ago I really miss it and I'm trying to source another.
    I'm after a 2003/2004 Flat(fat)4 this time so it is going to cost a bit.
    I'm sure this has been covered before but couldn't find it so here goes.
    I have seen one that has B&P but the original bezel insert is pretty marked and scratched.
    Do Rolex service centre replace the old flat 4 insert with a new flat 4 insert or would it be the later generation insert(non flat 4).
    Also I know the green inserts are expensive but what is the rough cost?
    Thanks and apologies for rehashing this topic.
    I've just paid £200 for one....in tandem with a £400+ service.

The new one was marked and had to go straight back, which is dreadful, but irrelevant to your point.

H

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    I've just paid £200 for one....in tandem with a £400+ service.

The new one was marked and had to go straight back, which is dreadful, but irrelevant to your point.

H
    Flat 4?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by leefowler View Post
    Flat 4?
    Just the standard, current service insert.

Master
    Blog Entries
    No replacement flat four bezel inserts during Rolex London service. In other words if you service a flat four and go for a new bezel insert you will get a pointy one. So, don't do it, ask to keep you original!
    M
    Anyone selling a flat 4 insert as I lost mine!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by milwatch126 View Post
    No replacement flat four bezel inserts during Rolex London service. In other words if you service a flat four and go for a new bezel insert you will get a pointy one. So, don't do it, ask to keep you original!
    M
    Ok thanks
    That was the info I needed and basically makes the condition of the bezel insert very important.
    I thought I had seen on previous threads talk of 2 prices for bezel inserts but maybe that was the old LV and ceramic LV.
    Cheers
    So are any of the hoarders up for selling?

Quote Originally Posted by milwatch126 View Post
    If you have a spare £2.5k sitting around doing nothing here you go,

http://www.chrono24.co.uk/search/ind...ccessoryTypes=

Master
    Ok thanks
    That was the info I needed and basically makes the condition of the bezel insert very important.
    I thought I had seen on previous threads talk of 2 prices for bezel inserts but maybe that was the old LV and ceramic LV.
    Cheers
    There are two prices in general. One where you keep your old insert, and one where you don't. In the USA 16610lv inserts are exchange ONLY. Perhaps the U.K. is more friendly.

I bought a not flat four LV expressly because I didn't want the stress of having to think "oh man, my insert is going to cost a fortune to replace" any time it came in contact with something.

Master

Craftsman
    Is this correct Rolex will not replace a flat 4 with a flat 4 service bezel?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronet king View Post
    Is this correct Rolex will not replace a flat 4 with a flat 4 service bezel?
    An LV service insert is an LV service insert. They don't stock multiple versions.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    An LV service insert is an LV service insert. They don't stock multiple versions.
    As in multiple you mean 2?

Master
    It is WIS who have chosen to make the distinction between the many iterations of the LV insert there have been over the years. To Rolex (at least in an official capacity) a green insert is a green insert.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    It is WIS who have chosen to make the distinction between the many iterations of the LV insert there have been over the years. To Rolex (at least in an official capacity) a green insert is a green insert.
    That's a very good point

Now do I remove my flat 4 & put it in the safe or just keep using the watch with care.

That's a very good point

Now do I remove my flat 4 & put it in the safe or just keep using the watch with care.
    I have heard of this before, people replacing the rare green insert with a standard or even after market black or green insert and safely storing the original in case of sale later on.

Better to ding or scratch a £10 after market one rather than a £2.5k original.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HIGH-QUA...-/222140355833

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEZEL-INSERT...-/161607853204
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 22nd May 2017 at 10:06.

As in multiple you mean 2?
    In addition to the font, there are at least two different shades of green. I think the original LVs were a lighter shade and later releases were a darker shade.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    In addition to the font, there are at least two different shades of green. I think the original LVs were a lighter shade and later releases were a darker shade.
    Correct. Can't see this happening with the 50th seadweller black insert & a darker black next year😂

Master
    There are two prices in general. One where you keep your old insert, and one where you don't. In the USA 16610lv inserts are exchange ONLY. Perhaps the U.K. is more friendly.

I bought a not flat four LV expressly because I didn't want the stress of having to think "oh man, my insert is going to cost a fortune to replace" any time it came in contact with something.
    Nope, Rolex St James is also exchange only. I paid the £200 plus VAT last month...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NickRed71 View Post
    Nope, Rolex St James is also exchange only. I paid the £200 plus VAT last month...

That's not super surprising I guess. I remember when you could walk in and just buy LV inserts for ~$70. Then people started selling them on the forums for $400 and Rolex squashed that pretty quickly. Now they cost $1000+ on the forums and you need to prove that you actually own an LV to get one from an RSC. Progress.

Master
    Yes, they're very strict. When I handed over my LV for a service including a new bezel I was told there were two prices: one for straight purchase and another for exchange, but when the quotation came back it was on a strict exchange-only basis.

Quote Originally Posted by NickRed71 View Post
    Yes, they're very strict. When I handed over my LV for a service including a new bezel I was told there were two prices: one for straight purchase and another for exchange, but when the quotation came back it was on a strict exchange-only basis.

What if it fell out? Or more accurately, say it fell out, or you bought one second hand and it turns out it had a cheapo fake part fitted, you can't px what you don't have.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    What if it fell out? Or more accurately, say it fell out, or you bought one second hand and it turns out it had a cheapo fake part fitted, you can't px what you don't have.
    I tried that with a jubilee bracelet for my 16710, RUSA's response was essentially "tough titties".

I tried that with a jubilee bracelet for my 16710, RUSA's response was essentially "tough titties".
    Nipple dial was it?
    Cheers..
    Jase