closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Qatar Airlines hand luggage

Master

Qatar Airlines hand luggage

Can anybody advise please. I'm flying with Qatar for the first time tomorrow and my preferred hand luggage rucksack is slightly over the maximum permitted size (about 2" too high and 2" too wide) it used to be cabin approved but of course lots of airlines then reduced the sizes.
    Do Qatar check the hand luggage sizes?

Cheers.

Craftsman
    Head down, dress well and you'll be fine... If you are curteous and smile at everyone 9/10 times all goes well

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nt016 View Post
    Head down, dress well and you'll be fine... If you are curteous and smile at everyone 9/10 times all goes well
    Agree with the above, don't roll up staggering all over the place stinking of scotch. Make small talk and be nice, my other half flies (BC) with them all the time and says they are the best airline.

I always make sure my hand luggage is within the specified limits and so it always fits in the overhead storage. Then you get a buffoon struggling with suitcase sized hand luggage which appears to be above the weight limit trundling down the aisle. Sods law they are seated next to you.

How they get away with it I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Do Qatar check the hand luggage sizes?
    I've never had them do it to me nor to anyone else, FWIW.

Being a rucksack-style of bag I would have thought it could be reduced by a couple of inches if it was deemed necessary. I carry a large camera bag (which is over the usual size requirements) and the only issue I experience with any carrier on occasion is that it is well over the usual weight requirements, but that's easily remedied. ;-)

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    I've never had them check the size or weight but they may ask you to lift it onto the check in desk so they can wrap a Qatar Airways sticker on the handle. They board the aircraft by zones numbered 1-4 & can sometimes be a bit strict about it so if you want to get on first you need to get a seat down the back.

Master
    Thanks for the replies guys.
    I took it onboard a Thomsons flight a couple of years ago and they were fine with it.

You'll be fine, Qatar is far from a budget airline like Ryan air! They won't even check it. Enjoy your trip

Master
    Blog Entries
    No problem with Qatar one of the best Airlines out there, you will have no problems. Last November we went business with them and it was by far the best flying experience ever.