Sorry I am bored waiting for an order to land so I thought I'd start a thread where people can document what outlandish BS retailers/dealers spout....which is annoying as it shows they assume you know nothing about what you're trying to do/purchase.

I'll kick off with this mornings search for a 114060. First place I called said "mmmm, they are impossible to get hold of....do you want to join our waiting list?" "how long is the wait.." I enquired, "about 6 months but if you come in and pay a deposit, you'll get preferential treatment". "what finance options are you offering at the moment?" I asked "*scoff*...we don't offer finance on that model, but we do offer (20%/24 Month) finance on other Rolex models" The second dealer said "I wouldn't even bother going on the waiting list sir, you won't get one.....how about a steel Datejust" Whilst I understand that paying a deposit shows more intent to follow through with a purchase, what difference does it make if they finance one model vs another?

When looking at a Tudor Black Bay I commented that the bezel click was nice, the salesman said "they engineered the bezel click to sound like your opening a safe...." Whilst it does indeed sound like that did Tudor specifically mean to replicate a safe...and don't safes have a bi-directional capability?