closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dartford Crossing Account/Payment Options

Dartford Crossing Account/Payment Options

I've recently accepted a job offer which will see me becoming a regular at the crossing, as such I need to set up a private account to cover payments. Unless I'm missing something I have two options -

a) an account that I can add pre-paid funds to, this will entitle me to a discount however I need to keep the funds topped up
    b) a pay-as-you-go set-up that will dd from my bank account as and when I cross, however there's no discount

What I'd really like is -

c) pay-as-you-go dd with discount

It's a Friday night and I'm a couple of whiskies down, pretty sure that I'm stuck with either a or b though... Any regular private bridge/tunnel users here?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have an account. It costs me £1.67 each time I cross, whenever my balance drops below £10 they take £10 by DD.
    Its a bog standard account, I think I am right in thinking it's £2 per crossing if you pay after crossing each time.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Imo DARTFORD SHOULD BE FREE...

Total income for use of the crossing from April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016 was £161.6 million!
    Last edited by Bry1975; 19th May 2017 at 22:45.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry1975 View Post
    This. But it never will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil h -- OK, that sounds like option "a" in my OP, I thought I'd have to manually add funds however it sounds like it's automatically topped up. Ultimately I'd want something I can set up and forget about whilst still claiming the discount.

Cheers

Why would they give you b with a discount on top?

I've account like phil h and works fine, despite horror stories from early days.

Total income for use of the crossing from April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016 was £161.6 million!
    If only! I'll be doing 3-4 return trips a week so that'll add up.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyp View Post
    This. But it never will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is for bikes I think?

mike

Journeyman
    This crossing infuriated me. I remember reading that they planned to make it free once they had recovered the costs to build. Then seeing online that they shifted to auto tolling and minimal notifications to try and catch people out and then hit them with inflated penalties. I've read a lot of horror stories for rental cars coming from Gatwick with this crossing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    I have an account. It costs me £1.67 each time I cross, whenever my balance drops below £10 they take £10 by DD.
    Its a bog standard account, I think I am right in thinking it's £2 per crossing if you pay after crossing each time.
    £2.50

Master

.............. and that's why it isn't free. Just think how many Rolex watches you could get for that!

Master
    Blog Entries
    You London commuters can afford it, drop in the ocean with the salaries you get down there��
    Last edited by hilly10; 20th May 2017 at 04:49.

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Phil h -- OK, that sounds like option "a" in my OP, I thought I'd have to manually add funds however it sounds like it's automatically topped up. Ultimately I'd want something I can set up and forget about whilst still claiming the discount.

Cheers
    That's exactly what the account does. You automatically get the discounted price (£1.67) and every time your balance drops below £10 then they take another £10 by DD.

You also have the option to add funds manually if you don't want them to permanently have £10 of your cash.

Blog Entries
    Just reminded me to pay for when I go over next month en route to France…. Cheers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    That's exactly what the account does. You automatically get the discounted price (£1.67) and every time your balance drops below £10 then they take another £10 by DD.

You also have the option to add funds manually if you don't want them to permanently have £10 of your cash.
    I've signed up now, the auto/manual top-up options weren't apparent until I got further into the menus and I initially presumed after reading one of the initial options that it was manual only Got both my cars set up on the single account which is also quite handy.

Craftsman
    I went through the tunnel last month after picking my new car up, I have been through a few times in the past when it was manned but this time it wasn't so I presumed it was now free and I did not see any signs saying otherwise.
    Its been about 4 weeks since and I haven't heard anything..Oops!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by GC2012 View Post
    I went through the tunnel last month after picking my new car up, I have been through a few times in the past when it was manned but this time it wasn't so I presumed it was now free and I did not see any signs saying otherwise.
    Its been about 4 weeks since and I haven't heard anything..Oops!
    Similar situation to myself. I then received 3 tickets, which went to the rental company also incurring administration fees. Dartford waived their pentaly fee and allowed me to pay the $2 crossing charge only because it was the cars first time through. It took 4 weeks before they notified me. If you do get it, call them up and explain it was your first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro