closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Audi Cam

Audi Cam

Well here's a new one on me. A4 gone in for an MOT to local Audi dealer, they have just sent me a video detailing some work required on the brakes, impressive stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

every time my BMW goes in for something they send me an annoying video, they sent me a video of my tyres and brakes at 200 miles

Have had this with VW in the past too.

I think its to justify the hourly labour rate,

It's becoming increasingly popular with main agents.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    I've had these from my lexus main dealer now for about 3 or 4 years. Useful if you are not in attendance.

B

Interestingly the police/insurance can request a court to order the garage to hand them over ........you see where I'm going with this.

A couple of cases in the US where the insurance people have queried payouts since recognised and identified defects were not remedied as advised.
    Last edited by Brian; 19th May 2017 at 12:11.

Master
    Is this JCT600? They've been doing this for a couple of years now.

If you buy a car from them they also send you a video showing the car ready for handing across!

Craftsman
    they do it to clobber you for work , oddly did not do it with my rs4 in feb but then did it with the A2 in may at the same garage ( doncaster / jct600 )

Blog Entries
    Even Vauxhall does that now, good effect for little money

BWs
    Franco

Audi has been doing doing this for quite some time. My car was with the dealership on Monday for a transmission oil and filter change and for an investigation into what sounded like a wheel bearing going. I was sent a video explaining that it was a 'stepped tyre.' I'd never heard of stepped tyres but after a quick search online it seems quite common and predominantly occurs on rear tyres. Funnily enough, the offending tyre was on the rear last year and was swapped to the front after taking off the Winter wheels/tyres in March.

In my opinion the videos can be useful but are sometimes used as something of a gimmick.

You're probably better off finding a garage you trust (easier said than done, I know) and paying them to sort your car out rather than send you little videos.

I can only hope this doesn't spread to some other sectors in our society.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    Audi has been doing doing this for quite some time. My car was with the dealership on Monday for a transmission oil and filter change and for an investigation into what sounded like a wheel bearing going. I was sent a video explaining that it was a 'stepped tyre.' I'd never heard of stepped tyres but after a quick search online it seems quite common and predominantly occurs on rear tyres. Funnily enough, the offending tyre was on the rear last year and was swapped to the front after taking off the Winter wheels/tyres in March.

In my opinion the videos can be useful but are sometimes used as something of a gimmick.

Ive just had my two rear 'stepped tyre' tyres replaced, which was a shame as the tread was still very good, made a awful drone though, like you I thought I had a bearing going. I didn't know it was a thing either ( VW CC 19' wheels )

Craftsman
    Good service!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's pretty common practice in dealerships now across all franchises and it is even targeted for our sales staff and technicians/service.

The platform is most likely provided by CITNow. In my opinion it's a very useful tool for service, questionable for fresh enquiries on vehicle sales but adds to the overall experience for example to receive a pre - handover video of your new car, the day before collection. Audi, BMW and Mini do it the most effectively within our group.

We are stuck in the past in the motor trade and it's a very welcome thing in my book.

I'd feel a bit better seeing the proof of worn discs etc. But if it increases the price too much then there is no point.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    I'm a cynical old git which makes me ask the question, how do you recognise your car from underneath and know it's not stock footage of a failing component?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I'm a cynical old git which makes me ask the question, how do you recognise your car from underneath and know it's not stock footage of a failing component?
    Because the videos always begin with a shot of the front/rear of the car that shows the VRN and then move to the area of interest.