Hi All

I inherited a white faced 36 mm 1603 Datejust from by father-in-law in 2002 and had it serviced by Rolex in 2003. I wore it daily for about 3 years but only very occasionally since then. I won't part with it but the problem is whenever I try to wear it, I can't read it easily so revert to wearing a diver within a day.

I can use it for the very occasional dressy event I go to but would like to wear it more often - as it is old enough to have a non-quickset movement, wearing it for a month or two at a time would work for me. The only way that would be practical would be to have a new, black Rolex dial and white gold handset. I suspect financially this would not be a good move (the dial/hand swap would add about 500GBP to a service and I suspect the resultant watch would worth less than it is now) but I am not too concerned about this as I don't intend to part with it.

But part of me feels it would be sacrilege - I don't know much of the 1603's history but it is in lovely condition. Here is a pic - your thoughts would be welcome