closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another Cyclist injured

Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    There's no arguing with someone who thinks that cyclists are the greatest danger on our roads! He's in a world of alternative facts.
    Meanwhile, while some focus their attention on finding ways to encumber, harass and blame cyclists, things like this just keep happening:

One Dead and 22 Injured as Car Rams Into Pedestrians in Times Square

And I'm really hoping that Hayden pulls through, despite his very serious injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by PamFan View Post
    Chippy much?

Cars are registered and insured and that doesn't stop loads of people texting at the wheel and generally driving like morons.
    But it does allow for many hundreds of thousands to be punished from criminal and non-criminal acts when in control of one. No such possibility exists for cycles...

Nicky Hayden has died.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Nicky Hayden has died.

R
    Sad news mate.

RIP Nicky - My thoughts are with his family & the sport has lost a good one.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Another Cyclist injured

Is your information correct? All I can find is that his condition remains critical.
    Last edited by Dave+63; 19th May 2017 at 21:00. Reason: Update

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Is your information correct? All I can find is that his condition remains critical.
    RIP http://reports-tv.com/ex-motogp-cham...breaking-news/

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    There's a lot of fake news doing the rounds but all the official channels are still reporting that he's in critical condition.

Craftsman
    I started this thread as I was angry that yet another cyclist had been injured and it seems there is no descriminaction with Michele Scarponia being killed recently and even Chris Frome being chased onto a pavement and being struck.

At the end of the day there are loads of idiots on the road, using all means of transport.

Unfortunately cyclists are very vulnerable and if this message can be put over then maybe it might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew S View Post
    I started this thread as I was angry that yet another cyclist had been injured and it seems there is no descriminaction with Michele Scarponia being killed recently and even Chris Frome being chased onto a pavement and being struck.

At the end of the day there are loads of idiots on the road, using all means of transport.

Unfortunately cyclists are very vulnerable and if this message can be put over then maybe it might help.
    True words well put.

Craftsman
    Just read that Becky James's (Oylimpic Cyclist) mother was hit by a motorist whilst out cycling and has her broken pelvis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    There's a lot of fake news doing the rounds but all the official channels are still reporting that he's in critical condition.
    It would seem that this may have been fake news - and a very unpleasant example of it too.

Why on earth anyone would make such a thing up is beyond belief and I apologise for relaying it.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

My thoughts to Nicky and his family.

Riding a bicycle anywhere seems to be fraught with danger. I commute into London but after a few too many close passes now use the canal path for most of the way. I feel a lot less stressed when riding as I only have to worry about the odd dog and cyclist treating the path like a velodrome.

I cannot believe the amount of car drivers who feel that a red light 100 yard up the road is an invitation to accelerate.

There are bad cyclists but generally the riding is adequate and people cycling stupidly usually get an earful from other cyclists, because it's makes it unsafe for all cyclists.

I work on the premise that being polite and slower is safer, so tend to do more 'thanks' most don't but hey it's makes my commute a lot less stressful.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Cycle paths are full of their own set of dangers. 18 months ago I broke my hip, collar bone in seven places & 2 ribs on the Bristol-Bath cycle path when an oncoming cyclist clipped my handlebars as he passed at night. I never ride on cycle paths any more but am more than happy on a dual carriageway

Master
    Sadly it appears that the fake news is now real.......poor Nicky has passed away:(

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Sadly it appears that the fake news is now real.......poor Nicky has passed away:(
    This is such a tragic story.
    One of my motorcycling heroes.
    And, by all accounts, a very nice chap in "real" life as well.
    Down to earth and approachable.

And, of course, the best redneck accent in motorsport : )

RIP "The Kentucky Kid"

Unfortunately, It did appear to be just a matter of time, RIP Nicky.

Very sad indeed. RIP

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    Yes sad news indeed.