closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: NA: Finally a Sinn....

NA: Finally a Sinn....

I've seen quite some pictures of Sinn watches but they never really drew my attention. I live in the Netherlands and there is no dealer here which doesn't help either as you hardly ever see someone wearing one.

This year me and some friends had another trip to Basel which we extended with a day to visit a favourite brewery in Freiburg. After the brewery visit we looked up local jewellers and that is when I first noticed the 556 anniversary. A simple design but the way it presented this, the finish and overall picture appealed instantly.

The next day at Basel I attended the Sinn stand. Still a lot of watches behind glass so I decided to ask for a brochure. I was immediately invited in and offered a choice of watches to try, the choice was easily made. As was the purchase decision :-).

Fast forward some time and this week it arrived. I can try to describe and rationalise it but in the end it makes me smile when I look at it. Something about the light hitting the markers and they all start shining at exactly the same moment when you tilt the watch.

Enough text, some quick iPhone pics

Another conformation of my watch buying theory. Don't rely on pictures and try it on.
    My rational mind would say it is small, has a boring design and short hands, but when I look at it everything works (for me that is).

Must also add some positive words on Sinn. Their customer focus at Basel was great. Most stands are for dealers only so a happy surprise I was invited in and they took all the time to show me their watches.

After the Basel trip I contacted Sinn by mail - asking about stock and which numbers of this limited range were still available and all my mails sent at night were replied to the next day before 9.00 in the morning! I know it is silly but these things help a bit in sending money their way. It is a crazy hobby we share but liking the company adds some fun.

Anyway I am loving this one and the size means I can wear it to most occasions. Very happy and quite sure this won't be my last Sinn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A really smart, clean design - I like!

Master
    Very nice!

Lovely. Wear it in good health

Curious how many there are on this forum. One sold here recently. Any others?

Craftsman
    A good watch.
    Enjoy it for many years.
    Makes me feel like pulling out my 356 II from the bedroom drawer and get it serviced/checked.
    I was very heartened to hear of your positive experience with Sinn themselves;that speaks volumes to me in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Curious how many there are on this forum. One sold here recently. Any others?

Another happy owner here.

I have #25 out of 1000. It's a simple design, stunningly executed. I think it's a fantastic everyday watch, smart enough for work but with enough sporty touches (crown guards, 200m water resistance, drilled lugs) for the weekend. It's just a very easy watch to wear and it finds it's way onto my wrist most days. It's also my only watch that has ever been commented on and being an unknown (to most) brand I don't mind people noticing. The sunburst electroplated dial really pops, especially with the AR coating on the crystal. It's becoming my favourite watch.
    Last edited by Rocket Man; 20th May 2017 at 10:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    Another conformation of my watch buying theory. Don't rely on pictures and try it on.
    My rational mind would say it is small, has a boring design and short hands, but when I look at it everything works (for me that is).
    Agreed, I had the same concerns but 'in the metal' the whole design just really works.

Clean as a whistle.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

That is a fantastic looking classic watch. I really like the design and I think Sinn are amazing quality for their cost.

I bought one of the very early Sinn 556 brand new when they first came out. It is a fantastic watch and I enjoy it as much as when i first got it although it is not worn every week.

My Sinn 556 was from when all the indices had lume applied, looking at the sinn brochure, this does not seem to be the case now.

Enjoy your watch.

Good to hear that they made some effort at Basel and that comms have been 1st class since, it's simple engagement like this that really does draw people in to a brand.

I don't have the anniversary model however I have 2 Sinns and have owned 2 others, the Mocha dialed 556i currently sits next to my EZM13 in the watch box. As you've already said OP this won't be your last from them

Quote Originally Posted by topcat666 View Post
    A good watch.
    Enjoy it for many years.
    Makes me feel like pulling out my 356 II from the bedroom drawer and get it serviced/checked.
    I was very heartened to hear of your positive experience with Sinn themselves;that speaks volumes to me in this day and age.
    The 356 is another classic, hope to try it next year in Basel. Also lusting for a 103 Panda but - after the experience above - have committed myself to seeing one for real before buying. Which is not that easy (both to constrain myself and to find one local to see).

As someone else posted above the crystal AR is excellent. You hardly see the crystal from most angles. Somehow this design benefits from that (I have other watches with poor or no AR but they lack a dial that just wants to pop out).

Craftsman
    A very masculine elegant piece. I'm relatively new to the would of Sinn, looks and reviews suggest they are very solid watches. Just downloaded their 153 page brochure. Bit of bed time reading

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    A clean watch that looks classy and solid. I also agree about your points of customer service and the impression this leaves too. In this day and age not only is it enough to have a decent product but after sales and ore sales customer service etc all
    form 1 package.