Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
Hi,

Last year I went to the Caribbean on a cruise. I wanted to try a bit of snorkeling and borrowed my bros gopro. I hired the snorkel kit on the beach. I will be going again later this year, but want my own kit. Does anyone have any advice re this. I wont spend a fortune and its probably only going to get used once or twice a year. A dry snorkel is a must. I have looked at a set from Cressi, consisting of a Marea mask, Ultra Dry snorkel and Palau fins, this comes in at £60, which seems reasonable and appears to have good reviews. Is there anything else I could look at, it just seems a minefield and each dealer, shop, has different kit which they say is the best. Thanks in advance for any info, advice and tips.

Heres a short vid of last years snorkeling.

https://youtu.be/XwczefD2WqM

Stuart
Cressi is good stuff, snorkel and mask both, but you will want to check the fit before heading out on your trip. A good mask should be able to stay in place when you inhale, without using the strap.

I prefer to leave the fins at home, rentals are fine for snorkeling and they take up a lot of space.

You don't need the red filter on your GoPro 0'-15' deep, but you will want an extendable pole. A pole will help get the camera closer to the fish, you'd be surprised how big a difference it makes.

without pole

with pole