closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Guardian of Time (Chrono24)

Craftsman

Guardian of Time (Chrono24)

Does anyone have had experience with the above seller on Chrono24? Trustworthy?

Would be interested to know too, they have even more competitive prices than Chronext on new Omega stock. Seem a little too good to be true but they do have 95 sales through trusted checkout?

Craftsman
    yes indeed, they are selling a 116655 for 15300 or something too which seems very very good

Master
    I also saw a watch for sale by them at a great price. Never responded to my multiple messages, and the registered phone number doesn't work either.

Apprentice

Guardian of Time

I was looking up reviews and came across this thread. Their prices do seem too good to be true. I have a friend who is an Omega AD and he says Omega had 40% margin. This Dealer selling for -35% including Chrono24 checkout fees which I am led to believe is 2%.
    He says that is impossible unless there is some Tax evaded. Also interesting is he won't give VAT receipt. Other online sellers will give VAT receipt or lower price for outside EU.
    I think I will stay away personally as wouldn't want watch being seized or whatever if he got caught.

If it's too good to be true it often is

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    A friend of mine bought a WG nautilus from this dealer, came with EU papers brand new as advertised. He did meet face to face for the transaction.

I messaged them recently about sending tax free to a BFPO address and got this reply: "Our prices are not VAT based. Therefore, we cannot provide tax free option.".

- - - Updated - - -

I messaged them recently about sending tax free to a BFPO address and got this reply: "Our prices are not VAT based. Therefore, we cannot provide tax free option.".

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Generally always the case with grey dealers

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes. Greys tend to work on margin invoices.
    If people want tax free they're better off going to ADs.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeFalconer View Post
    yes indeed, they are selling a 116655 for 15300 or something too which seems very very good
    I agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Yes. Greys tend to work on margin invoices.
    If people want tax free they're better off going to ADs.
    Plenty of greys will send tax free including Iconic and Swiss Watches Direct.

Purchased a Panerai from them a few weeks ago via Chrono24. They Originally weren’t advertising this particular watch but came back to me with a price in a couple of days and then put it on Chrono24 so I could buy via Escrow payment. Watch came from a European AD.

I bought a new Panerai of them. Felt a bit strange indeed because the female seller would have paid fast and to a shipping company in Spain.
    But I chanced a bit because I did not find anything negative about the company. The watch came quickly in a sealed FedEx safety bag with
    all paper from a European AD. So everything ended well and the price was good.

Apprentice

- - - Updated - - -

Yes that was my worry. Other grey dealers will give a VAT receipt or export price. If an AD cannot compete with this seller then there must be something not being paid. Smells funny to me.
    I wondered if he got caught, if that is what it is, would all the buyers be asked to pay VAT that had not been paid. I see also he has a TAG at -39% off RRP and they only have -40% from Brand also. Just not possible surely?

Took a look at their prices after seeing this thread and now it has got me tempted by this...

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/iwc/portu...-id5955672.htm

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham57 View Post
    would all the buyers be asked to pay VAT that had not been paid.
    No.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Plenty of greys will send tax free including Iconic and Swiss Watches Direct.

??
    Last edited by verv; 22nd May 2018 at 10:51.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post

??
    That's a weird one. I'll admit that the last time I asked was a couple of years ago so things might have changed - I got this reply: "We can ship most watches VAT free overseas but sadly not Tudor or Rolex watches.". However, it does say above that "some of our suppliers supply goods on a full VAT invoice" so I suppose there is still scope.
    Swiss Watches Direct and thewatchsource.co.uk definitely will still send watches to BFPO and non-EU addresses tax free!
    Last edited by Lampoc; 22nd May 2018 at 11:54.

Yes that was my worry. Other grey dealers will give a VAT receipt or export price. If an AD cannot compete with this seller then there must be something not being paid. Smells funny to me.
    I wondered if he got caught, if that is what it is, would all the buyers be asked to pay VAT that had not been paid. I see also he has a TAG at -39% off RRP and they only have -40% from Brand also. Just not possible surely?
    Most of what they list isn’t their stock they should know at what price they can source and are working on much lower margins and overheads than an AD. Why the European ADs are willing to do these prices I’m not sure, maybe with currency difference their margins are bigger than U.K. ADs or if they increase the volume they are selling they get a better margin from the makers.

I recently tried to buy something from Iconic which was listed on the website but turns out they couldnt actually source it or more likely they couldn’t source it at a price to make sense of what they listed it at.
    Luckily had been discussing a p/x with them so I hadn’t actually paid anything
    but was kind of annoying, not sure how long they would have kept my deposit if I had just pressed the buy button on the website.

Chronext did something similar to my JLC order once. They listed it on website as stock available and at a great price. I must say it specified it as VAT inclusive. Took 35% deposit and came back in a few weeks to say out of stock. It then took them another 3 weeks to return my deposit. Not a great online customer experience. Ended up buying the watch elsewhere.

The boutiques they have in London are pretty ok with knowledgeable staff.

Overall not positive an experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    Most of what they list isn’t their stock they should know at what price they can source and are working on much lower margins and overheads than an AD. Why the European ADs are willing to do these prices I’m not sure, maybe with currency difference their margins are bigger than U.K. ADs or if they increase the volume they are selling they get a better margin from the makers.

I recently tried to buy something from Iconic which was listed on the website but turns out they couldnt actually source it or more likely they couldn’t source it at a price to make sense of what they listed it at.
    Luckily had been discussing a p/x with them so I hadn’t actually paid anything
    but was kind of annoying, not sure how long they would have kept my deposit if I had just pressed the buy button on the website.
    Omega are 1.25 more expensive in EU and the current exchange rate is 1.14.
    If they are offering -39% whilst already more expensive due to price difference then there is something iffy going on. Do we think buyers care as long as they get best price or is there some mechanism that makes you want to be non complicit?
    I, for one, would rather pay a bit more and feel safer.

Omega are 1.25 more expensive in EU and the current exchange rate is 1.14.
    If they are offering -39% whilst already more expensive due to price difference then there is something iffy going on. Do we think buyers care as long as they get best price or is there some mechanism that makes you want to be non complicit?
    I, for one, would rather pay a bit more and feel safer.
    Dont think it’s necessarily iffy and guess it’s not just the Euro/pound exchange rate that counts, are the Swiss companies charging in Swiss Francs (its not fixed to the Euro anymore) or is everything based on US Dollars? You seem to have a lot of knowledge about cost prices.
    But everyone is free to buy from whoever they want and it’s upto the individual to decide whether they are taking any risks not buying from non AD. This isn’t meeting up with some guy in a car park with a bunch of watches inside his coat these are businesses openly advertising for everyone to see including the watch companies.

Apprentice
    Dont think it’s necessarily iffy and guess it’s not just the Euro/pound exchange rate that counts, are the Swiss companies charging in Swiss Francs (its not fixed to the Euro anymore) or is everything based on US Dollars? You seem to have a lot of knowledge about cost prices.
    But everyone is free to buy from whoever they want and it’s upto the individual to decide whether they are taking any risks not buying from non AD. This isn’t meeting up with some guy in a car park with a bunch of watches inside his coat these are businesses openly advertising for everyone to see including the watch companies.
    Thanks for reply. Yes i said in earlier post. "I have a friend who is an Omega AD and he says Omega have 40% margin". This was why I thought too low and did some investigation. -30% in Euro land is actually less discount than in UK prices so -35% is even harder to achieve.
    Piqued my interest as doesn't seem possible to me.
    Thanks

Thanks for reply. Yes i said in earlier post. "I have a friend who is an Omega AD and he says Omega have 40% margin". This was why I thought too low and did some investigation. -30% in Euro land is actually less discount than in UK prices so -35% is even harder to achieve.
    Piqued my interest as doesn't seem possible to me.
    Thanks
    Not sure I understand what you mean, the only way 30% discount can be less is if the price in europe is lower in the first place.

Apprentice
    Not sure I understand what you mean, the only way 30% discount can be less is if the price in europe is lower in the first place.
    Sorry not so clear. I mean 25% discount is less than 30%. If the watch was €12500 in EU and £10000 in UK RRP (Which Omega at least are) then 30% off EU then converted to GBP at todays rate of 1.14 would be -23.25% off UK price. So if they are offering -35% off UK price then something seems wrong.
    Sorry for maths. I actually love maths! NERDY!