closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New York Help

Just a quick update.

Thanks to all those who made suggestions - we had an amazing time.

A few highlights included

9/11 museum - very moving experience. Spent about 4 hours there but it didn't feel like it. Book an early ticket if you can, we were there for 9.30, by the time we left it was rammed.
    Subway to Brooklyn, walk back over the bridge - it was suggested to do that first thing but we did it early evening, just before sunset and then walked over the bridge in the dark - my highlight
    Walked the highline, then lunch in Chelsea Market
    Had a walk along Bleeker Street had a few drinks as well - well worth it
    Meal at Balthazars
    Top of the Rock at sunset - brilliant

Didn't realise we'd walk so much - 38miles in 4 days according to my Garmin!!

T1ckT0ck - we debated whether to taxi or train it when we arrived and we stupidly taxi'd it. Friday rush hour, 90 degrees, no air con in the taxi and 2 hour journey!! Did the subway/Air train on the way home and so, so easy.

I now want to go back but have a more relaxing time having seen most of the sights.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by badger1 View Post

I now want to go back but have a more relaxing time having seen most of the sights.
    It's definitely good to go back for another visit and not feel obliged to hang around in queues of tourists doing obligatory things.

Days out in Coney Island/Brighton Beach, nights out in Williamsburg etc etc. It's much more enjoyable once you get off the main tourist trail and slow down a bit.

Master
    Thanks for coming back and letting us know you had a good time Badger. Glad you enjoyed it and that is certainly a marathon (and a half) walking session!

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    Thanks for coming back and letting us know you had a good time Badger. Glad you enjoyed it and that is certainly a marathon (and a half) walking session!
    We booked a table at Balthazars 10pm on Sunday evening, and were out and about at 9am that morning. 15miles later I was sitting at the bar in the restaurant and couldn't believe how far we'd walked!! The first (expensive) beer didn't touch the sides!!!

Craftsman
    Has anyone done the Hush hip hop tour? trying to choose which one to do.

Quote Originally Posted by rdesouza View Post
    Has anyone done the Hush hip hop tour? trying to choose which one to do.
    Yes, in 2010 with grandwizard Theodore who was an excellent and unexpected host.
    Also went to the 20th anniversary party of lord finesse's 1st album with most of the guys later that night.
    Had a great day, even popped the question to my fiancee, which seemed appropriate.
    Do it.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Lord finesse - brings back memories. Thanks, will book it.

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-1050F using TZ-UK mobile app